<87a6l3fndr.fsf@trop.in>
We are upstreaming Guix Home to Guix and the code is under agressive
refactoring, please let me know if something breaks.  We try to ensure
that channel builds successfully and everything is backward compatible,
but still can miss something)
<874kbbfmuz.fsf@trop.in>
In-Reply-To
<87a6l3fndr.fsf@trop.in> (view parent)
On 2021-08-27 08:49, Andrew Tropin wrote:

> We are upstreaming Guix Home to Guix and the code is under agressive
> refactoring, please let me know if something breaks.  We try to ensure
> that channel builds successfully and everything is backward compatible,
> but still can miss something)

For example the following code was removed from essential-services and
`guix home` subcommand won't be recognized automatically until the
upstream process is complete.  You can add this home services to your
configuration or wait until Guix Home will be merged to upstream.

((@ (gnu services) simple-service)
 'make-guix-aware-of-guix-home-subcomand
 (@ (gnu home-services) home-environment-variables-service-type)
 '(("GUILE_LOAD_PATH" .
    "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/guix/current/share/guile/site/3.0\
:$GUILE_LOAD_PATH")
   ("GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH" .
    "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/guix/current/lib/guile/3.0/site-ccache\
:$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH")))