~abcdw/rde-devel

2 2

Changes to the SSH service.

<87y2be913n.fsf@yoctocell.xyz>

I just refactored the SSH service, below are some user-visible changes.

* The ‘host’ field for ‘home-ssh-configuration’ has been renamed to
  ‘default-host’, which is a much more accurate name.

* The ‘ssh-host’ and ‘ssh-match’ record types have changed slightly, you
  now have to specify the field name and the value, not just the value.

    (ssh-host "savannah"
              '((key . value)))

  would now be

    (ssh-host
      (host "savannah")
      (options '((key . value))))

Other than that everything should still be the same for users.

Time to go to bed  (-_-)zzz
<87k0mvpu11.fsf@trop.in>
In-Reply-To
<87y2be913n.fsf@yoctocell.xyz> (view parent)
Xinglu Chen <public@yoctocell.xyz> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just refactored the SSH service, below are some user-visible changes.
>
> * The ‘host’ field for ‘home-ssh-configuration’ has been renamed to
>   ‘default-host’, which is a much more accurate name.
>
> * The ‘ssh-host’ and ‘ssh-match’ record types have changed slightly, you
>   now have to specify the field name and the value, not just the value.
>
>     (ssh-host "savannah"
>               '((key . value)))
>
>   would now be
>
>     (ssh-host
>       (host "savannah")
>       (options '((key . value))))
>
> Other than that everything should still be the same for users.
>
> Time to go to bed  (-_-)zzz

Hi, thank you for the updates!

What is the reason to change ssh-host/ssh-match format?

Note for the future: let's rename listof to list-of.
<87im2fhe3t.fsf@yoctocell.xyz>
In-Reply-To
<87k0mvpu11.fsf@trop.in> (view parent)
On Tue, Jun 15 2021, Andrew Tropin wrote:

> Xinglu Chen <public@yoctocell.xyz> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just refactored the SSH service, below are some user-visible changes.
>>
>> * The ‘host’ field for ‘home-ssh-configuration’ has been renamed to
>>   ‘default-host’, which is a much more accurate name.
>>
>> * The ‘ssh-host’ and ‘ssh-match’ record types have changed slightly, you
>>   now have to specify the field name and the value, not just the value.
>>
>>     (ssh-host "savannah"
>>               '((key . value)))
>>
>>   would now be
>>
>>     (ssh-host
>>       (host "savannah")
>>       (options '((key . value))))
>>
>> Other than that everything should still be the same for users.
>>
>> Time to go to bed  (-_-)zzz
>
> Hi, thank you for the updates!
>
> What is the reason to change ssh-host/ssh-match format?

The previous ‘ssh-host’ and ‘ssh-match’ used ‘define-record-type’ from
(srfi srfi-9), whereas the new ones use ‘define-configuration’ which
itself uses ‘define-record-type*’ from (guix records).  By using
‘define-configuration’ the values will be typechecked and we will have
docstrings that document things.

Oh, I and also forgot to mention that G-exps are supported everywhere :)

> Note for the future: let's rename listof to list-of.

Ah, good idea.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)