Caleb Herbert <csh@bluehome.net>
<419631a7-5d22-d379-4066-ae03fc6a729b@bluehome.net>
How do I "instlall" RDE, complete with the btrfs file system?  I saw no
system declaration.
Demis Balbach <db@minikn.xyz>
<87a6gt8rqv.fsf@minikn.xyz>
In-Reply-To
<419631a7-5d22-d379-4066-ae03fc6a729b@bluehome.net> (view parent)
On 2021-12-21 17:06, Caleb Herbert wrote:

> How do I "instlall" RDE, complete with the btrfs file system?  I saw no
> system declaration.

Hey Caleb,

rde/examples/abcdw/configs.scm

Is a good starting point. Especially

https://github.com/abcdw/rde/blob/master/rde/examples/abcdw/configs.scm#L241

in terms of file systems.

--
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Demis Balbach
On 2021-12-22 00:26, Demis Balbach wrote:

> On 2021-12-21 17:06, Caleb Herbert wrote:
>
>> How do I "instlall" RDE, complete with the btrfs file system?  I saw no
>> system declaration.
>
> Hey Caleb,

> rde/examples/abcdw/configs.scm
>
> Is a good starting point. Especially
>
> https://github.com/abcdw/rde/blob/master/rde/examples/abcdw/configs.scm#L241
>
> in terms of file systems.

Yep, Demis is right, the example configuration is a good starting point.
It can return both operating-system and home-environment depending on
the value of RDE_TARGET environment varible.  Everything else is the
same as in basic Guix System and Guix Home scenarios.

At this moment the most uptodate source of information is source code,
you also can read rde-devel/rde-discuss mailing list and watch the
recording of rde streams on my video channel, you can find it here:
https://trop.in

Don't expect the experience will be smooth and everything be up and
running automatically.  Currently, rde in active development, so it is
suitable for enthusiasts with decent Guix and Guile knowledge, who is
not afraid to dig into source code and Guix manual.

Of course, there is rde-discuss mailing list for questions and
discussions.  Don't afraid to ask if you stuck.

I work on rde live image and rde manual, hope they will be available in
a few weeks.  After that I plan to do a first release suitable for early
adopters.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin