This messed up my home dir. Reinstalling Guix.
--
Caleb Herbert
https://bluehome.net/csh/

Sent from my GrapheneOS device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
<878rwmz8y0.fsf@trop.in>
In-Reply-To
<45DC1B3F-434A-4231-A978-B5690E43A0B7@bluehome.net> (view parent)
On 2021-12-14 16:57, Caleb Herbert wrote:

> This messed up my home dir. Reinstalling Guix.

All your files are safe, when you launch guix home reconfigure command
you will see the following message or similar:

All conflicting files will go to /home/bob/1639548071-guix-home-legacy-configs-backup.

In case of emergency just copy those files back to your home folder.

> Error:
> https://freedom.horse/@cal/107442180766037299

Better to attach a text version of error, because important information
can be above the last visible message.

> Official Guix channel only.

For the future `guix describe` shows exact commit, so it's much easier
to reproduce and debug.

> git clone the rde repo
> cd rde
> make

Of course you don't have to do it.

It's not ready for wide audience yet, but for very curious people: my
current config is here and I use following commands to apply it.

You don't need to instantiate my configuration, because it contains my
personal settings, like username, emails, mailing lists, etc.  Mkdir
probably fails because it tries to create
/home/bob/mail/... directories, which brings Permission denied error.

If you really curious and wish to use rde right now, please at least
learn sample configuration and adjust it to your needs.  Or wait until
we will prepare it for wider audience and provide a documentation.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin