~abcdw/rde-discuss

3 3

guix home config

Nicolas Graves <ngraves@ngraves.fr>
<87czk0jicp.fsf@ngraves.fr>
Hi Andrew and all,

Thanks for your outstanding work.

I just edited my dotfiles and shared them. They are forked from
krevedkokun's dotfiles (thanks !).

If you find it useful, don't hesitate to add it in rde's people's guix
home config section.

Here are a few differences with krevedkokun's :
- rbw (rust bitwarden) instead of pass, allows me centrality for
private data
- mu4e instead of notmuch
- added a system-connections service to system to also deploy wifi
data
- added vi mode for alacritty
- emacs' configuration is based on David Wilson's
- a whole server configuration, included in dotfiles (cuirass, git,
rsync for now).

I will continue to use and edit these dotfiles in the future, keeping
everything private in my rbw database, and adding stuff directly in it.

Cheers,

Nicolas Graves

Re: guix home config

Paul Jewell <paul@teulu.org>
<99a7ef62-8c3a-dbc1-b082-de3131cb3d44@teulu.org>
In-Reply-To
<87czk0jicp.fsf@ngraves.fr> (view parent)
Hi Nicolas,

Many thanks for sharing your configuration files - it helps people like
me who are looking to move to guix home. Would you be able to share a
link to your repository?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Paul

On 06/02/2022 12:21, Nicolas Graves wrote:

> Hi Andrew and all,
>
> Thanks for your outstanding work.
>
> I just edited my dotfiles and shared them. They are forked from
> krevedkokun's dotfiles (thanks !).
>
> If you find it useful, don't hesitate to add it in rde's people's guix
> home config section.
>
> Here are a few differences with krevedkokun's :
> - rbw (rust bitwarden) instead of pass, allows me centrality for
> private data
> - mu4e instead of notmuch
> - added a system-connections service to system to also deploy wifi
> data
> - added vi mode for alacritty
> - emacs' configuration is based on David Wilson's
> - a whole server configuration, included in dotfiles (cuirass, git,
> rsync for now).
>
> I will continue to use and edit these dotfiles in the future, keeping
> everything private in my rbw database, and adding stuff directly in it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas Graves

Re: guix home config

Nicolas Graves <ngraves@ngraves.fr>
<871r0d9d7v.fsf@ngraves.fr>
In-Reply-To
<99a7ef62-8c3a-dbc1-b082-de3131cb3d44@teulu.org> (view parent)

Sorry, I've forgotten to include it in the previous mail :)

https://github.com/nicolas-graves/dotfiles

Good luck !

Nicolas

Paul Jewell <paul@teulu.org> writes:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Many thanks for sharing your configuration files - it helps people like me who
> are looking to move to guix home. Would you be able to share a link to your
> repository?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Paul
>
> On 06/02/2022 12:21, Nicolas Graves wrote:
>> Hi Andrew and all,
>> Thanks for your outstanding work.
>> I just edited my dotfiles and shared them. They are forked from
>> krevedkokun's dotfiles (thanks !).
>> If you find it useful, don't hesitate to add it in rde's people's guix
>> home config section.
>> Here are a few differences with krevedkokun's :
>> - rbw (rust bitwarden) instead of pass, allows me centrality for
>> private data
>> - mu4e instead of notmuch
>> - added a system-connections service to system to also deploy wifi
>> data
>> - added vi mode for alacritty
>> - emacs' configuration is based on David Wilson's
>> - a whole server configuration, included in dotfiles (cuirass, git,
>> rsync for now).
>> I will continue to use and edit these dotfiles in the future, keeping
>> everything private in my rbw database, and adding stuff directly in it.
>> Cheers,
>> Nicolas Graves

Re: guix home config

<87ilsi755h.fsf@trop.in>
On 2022-02-06 13:21, Nicolas Graves wrote:

> Hi Andrew and all,
>
> Thanks for your outstanding work.
>
> I just edited my dotfiles and shared them. They are forked from
> krevedkokun's dotfiles (thanks !).
>
> If you find it useful, don't hesitate to add it in rde's people's guix
> home config section.
>
> Here are a few differences with krevedkokun's :
> - rbw (rust bitwarden) instead of pass, allows me centrality for
> private data
> - mu4e instead of notmuch
> - added a system-connections service to system to also deploy wifi
> data
> - added vi mode for alacritty
> - emacs' configuration is based on David Wilson's
> - a whole server configuration, included in dotfiles (cuirass, git,
> rsync for now).
>
> I will continue to use and edit these dotfiles in the future, keeping
> everything private in my rbw database, and adding stuff directly in it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas Graves

Hi Nicolas, I think some of the things in your dotfiles can be
interesting for many people, added a link to your repo in the README.

Thank you for sharing it.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin