~abcdw/rde-discuss

1

gnupg sshcontrol

<87tu5c9y6d.fsf@ngraves.fr>
Hi!

I'm having some trouble to switch to gpg for my ssh-activities. What
doesn't seem to work is the part where the keygrips are copied well in
the .gnupg/sshcontrol file, but then ssh-add -l complains about having
no identities.

I tried to add a newline at the end of the file, like advised here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GnuPG/comments/wqxdlo/using_gpgagent_for_ssh_the_agent_has_no_identities/
but it doesn't work either.

The issue is quite common, but I'm not able to find a suitable
solution. Maybe it's an issue with the lastest version of gnupg.

I'm not able to fix this now, I'll try the following approach soon:
https://gist.github.com/andrewlkho/7373190
in which the author explicitely reimports the key in gnupg, but that
doesn't fit well with guix's declarative automation.

--
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves
On 2022-09-12 21:42, Nicolas Graves wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm having some trouble to switch to gpg for my ssh-activities. What
> doesn't seem to work is the part where the keygrips are copied well in
> the .gnupg/sshcontrol file, but then ssh-add -l complains about having
> no identities.
>
> I tried to add a newline at the end of the file, like advised here:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/GnuPG/comments/wqxdlo/using_gpgagent_for_ssh_the_agent_has_no_identities/
> but it doesn't work either.
>
> The issue is quite common, but I'm not able to find a suitable
> solution. Maybe it's an issue with the lastest version of gnupg.
>
> I'm not able to fix this now, I'll try the following approach soon:
> https://gist.github.com/andrewlkho/7373190
> in which the author explicitely reimports the key in gnupg, but that
> doesn't fit well with guix's declarative automation.

I use smartcard for storing my subkeys, including the one with auth
capabilities and I don't do anything related to sshcontrol file, but
back in the days, when I was not using smartcard I did.  The problem is
that I don't remember much about it, can you give a little more context?
Articles, documents you've read, what you did and in which order?  I can
try to replicate it on virtual machine.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin