~adigitoleo/public-inbox

2

[overview.nvim] Make it harder to accidentally open regular buffers in the TOC window

<CZBWP7VY23RE.20YY6X9GIWBV@posteo.net>
The way mini.map [1] does it is by having the sidebar be non-focusable
by default. Otherwise we'd need to check every BufWinEnter for the
filetype/buftype and do something to prevent non-TOC buffers.

[1]: https://github.com/echasnovski/mini.map
<CZX0WO3YICWT.1QCCITEFP8OBZ@posteo.net>
In-Reply-To
<CZBWP7VY23RE.20YY6X9GIWBV@posteo.net> (view parent)
Have switched to non-focusable overview windows on the dev branch.
<D0AN805CQTZ3.2H4FWI5UZNUWB@posteo.net>
In-Reply-To
<CZX0WO3YICWT.1QCCITEFP8OBZ@posteo.net> (view parent)
New release v0.2.0 includes non-wincmd focusable TOC window, and filters
for the LSP document symbol lists. It's still possible to open the
"wrong" buffer in the TOC window by using the API to focus it and then
running `:edit something_silly.txt`, but I'm not sure it's worth
bothering with preventing that.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)