~adnano/go-gemini-devel

Version 0.2.0

<CA2EK0EK33QU.2NIDXGJAECV1J@nitro>
I plan to release version 0.2.0 of go-gemini soon.

Version 0.2.0 should guarantee a higher level of stability than versions
0.1.x. Namely, we should try not to break backwards compatibility where
possible. We should only break backwards compatibility if there are
changes to the Gemini specification that require us to do so. We should
focus on polishing the documentation, ironing out bugs, and writing
tests instead of changing the API. Because of this, we should not
release version 0.2.0 before the API is considered stable.

Version 0.1.22 is pretty close to that level of stability. The API is
pretty much complete. I've decided to hold off things like implementing
a router or redesigning the Handler API for a later date. Though if
someone is willing to implement a router similar to chi [1] before
version 0.2.0 is released, I wouldn't mind including it.

[1] https://github.com/go-chi/chi

If anyone has any feedback regarding any recent changes, please let me
know. I would like to address any concerns before releasing v0.2.0 where
things will be somewhat set in stone.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)