~adnano/kiln-discuss

<1621545668.qznppzqm9l.astroid@edward-desktop.none>
Hi, currently, I can generate a site where posts are linked to something
like this: /domain/blog/post-title/

And then, of course within the directory is an index.gmi file.

This works fine, but I'd rather have a simpler behavior where links go
directly to a file: /domain/blog/post-title.gmi

So the blog directory would just be one directory with a bunch of .gmi
files in it and one index.gmi that links to all of them.

Is that possible? Thanks!
<CBIE6WN1ZJTL.17LSC4ONZG47H@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<1621545668.qznppzqm9l.astroid@edward-desktop.none> (view parent)
On Thu May 20, 2021 at 5:23 PM EDT, Edward Shapard wrote:
> Hi, currently, I can generate a site where posts are linked to something
> like this: /domain/blog/post-title/
>
> And then, of course within the directory is an index.gmi file.
>
> This works fine, but I'd rather have a simpler behavior where links go
> directly to a file: /domain/blog/post-title.gmi
>
> So the blog directory would just be one directory with a bunch of .gmi
> files in it and one index.gmi that links to all of them.
>
> Is that possible? Thanks!

Yes, this is possible but is not documented yet. Simply specify the
'ugly_urls' (opposite of clean URLs) configuration option in the task.

For example:

	[[tasks]]
	input = [".gmi"]
	output = ".gmi"
	ugly_urls = true

I may change the name of this configuration option if I come up with a
better name.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)