~adnano/kiln-discuss

2 2

[question] is it possible to exclude an article for a specific protocol (https/gemini)?

<20210614103243.2b3a55f1@shaka>
Hi!

Currently I have kiln configured to publish my articles for both
mainstream web and gemini, however I would like to be able to exclude
specific articles to a certain protocol, i.e. I would like a given
article to be available only for gemini and not for http.

Is this currently possible? If so, how can this be done?

Best regards.

--
«Si no puedo seguir el ritmo de todo lo que me vaya llegando, voy a
tratar de mantenerme al día de todo lo que pueda. Si no puedo responder

Fingerprint: 026D B8BE 3F5C 1533 FF9D 4CC2 DBB4 A5B9 17E5 72DE
<CC3K6YC0O2E9.14NPIKVBL20T9@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<20210614103243.2b3a55f1@shaka> (view parent)
On Mon Jun 14, 2021 at 11:32 AM EDT, Iván Ruvalcaba wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Currently I have kiln configured to publish my articles for both
> mainstream web and gemini, however I would like to be able to exclude
> specific articles to a certain protocol, i.e. I would like a given
> article to be available only for gemini and not for http.
>
> Is this currently possible? If so, how can this be done?
>
> Best regards.

This is not currently possible.

Perhaps I could add an option to page frontmatter which would allow you
to 'hide' pages from different tasks. This would require giving tasks
names, though.

This would allow you to name tasks in your config.toml:

	[[tasks]]
	name = "gemini"
	# ...

	[[tasks]]
	name = "https"
	# ...

And then exclude pages from different tasks in frontmatter.

	---
	title: Example post (Gemini-exclusive)
	hide: [https] # Hide the page from the HTTPS site
	---

One note is that the page would be completely excluded from the HTTPS
site, so you won't be able to link to it.

Another option would be to use a different file extension for the HTTPS
page files, and make duplicate files (or symbolic links) for posts that
you want included in the HTTPS site.
<2FB014BC-30CF-4F6F-B8A7-CB3DEBA17E26@disroot.org>
In-Reply-To
<CC3K6YC0O2E9.14NPIKVBL20T9@nitro> (view parent)
>Perhaps I could add an option to page frontmatter which would allow you
>to 'hide' pages from different tasks. This would require giving tasks
>names, though.

Pretty cool! I like the idea, of curse, if you can.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)