~adnano/kiln-discuss

4 2

A new "draft" metadata on pages and indexes ?

<25GGF0FVYZ9R9.2ESE1BM3GL8PM@yellow-orcess.my.domain>
Hey there !

Firstly good job on this 0.3.0 ! It took me some time to migrate my kiln
capsule but the structure is way more clean now.

I'd like to have some kind of "draft: true" new metadata. The idea is to
be able to push my repository without needing to handle multiple branchs
and without publishing content that isnt ready yet.

Is it something already doable somehow ? If that not the case, is is
something kiln could handle by itself ?

Thanks for replies !
Stacy
<CJSPA8E9QMO3.KYB8S7HCDJFY@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<25GGF0FVYZ9R9.2ESE1BM3GL8PM@yellow-orcess.my.domain> (view parent)
On Fri May 6, 2022 at 7:25 AM EDT, Stacy Harper wrote:
> Firstly good job on this 0.3.0 ! It took me some time to migrate my kiln
> capsule but the structure is way more clean now.

Thanks, glad you like it.

> I'd like to have some kind of "draft: true" new metadata. The idea is to
> be able to push my repository without needing to handle multiple branchs
> and without publishing content that isnt ready yet.
>
> Is it something already doable somehow ? If that not the case, is is
> something kiln could handle by itself ?

This is currently possible using the 'outputs' frontmatter option. The
following frontmatter will hide your page from all tasks:

	---
	title: Example page
	outputs: []
	---

A 'draft' option has not yet been implemented. I'm not sure if it's
really necessary, but I'm also not against the idea.
<26HLG1U7PVBSZ.3FQQGWLF09N02@yellow-orcess.my.domain>
In-Reply-To
<CJSPA8E9QMO3.KYB8S7HCDJFY@nitro> (view parent)
> > I'd like to have some kind of "draft: true" new metadata. The idea is to
> > be able to push my repository without needing to handle multiple branchs
> > and without publishing content that isnt ready yet.
> >
> > Is it something already doable somehow ? If that not the case, is is
> > something kiln could handle by itself ?
>
> This is currently possible using the 'outputs' frontmatter option. The
> following frontmatter will hide your page from all tasks:
>
> 	---
> 	title: Example page
> 	outputs: []
> 	---

That completly cover my use case ! Thanks for pointing it out.

> A 'draft' option has not yet been implemented. I'm not sure if it's
> really necessary, but I'm also not against the idea.

Yes I guess it is a basic enough feature to be covered by default. I
could try to implement this if you agree with that.
<22Q6Q4TJVITQY.1YJCUHGOOS3XB@yellow-orcess.my.domain>
In-Reply-To
<CJSPA8E9QMO3.KYB8S7HCDJFY@nitro> (view parent)
Mhh I also think using the leading "_" cover this need. Probably there
is enough simple alternatives. Draft seems not necessary I think !
<CJSQXX98C4DQ.2L6M734CJ5VM0@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<22Q6Q4TJVITQY.1YJCUHGOOS3XB@yellow-orcess.my.domain> (view parent)
On Fri May 6, 2022 at 10:21 AM EDT, Stacy Harper wrote:
> Mhh I also think using the leading "_" cover this need. Probably there
> is enough simple alternatives. Draft seems not necessary I think !

Yes, that is a good alternative. I would recommend using that instead of
adding a new 'draft' option.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)