~adnano/kiln-discuss

1

frontmatter and carriage return

<34HP1ZE2DMPS9.36XTOJFATMT6C@erock.io>
I'm really enjoying `kiln` so thanks for building it!

I had a couple of posts that were written with carriage return's for newlines.
This caused the frontmatter parser to fail which then removed title and date
from those articles.

First, I wanted to just point out that potential issue for other users, but
I'm also wondering if it's something kiln should detect and handle or at
least notify the user?

I'd be happy to submit a patch for either if we think it's a useful.  I wasn't
able to figure out the issue until I started debugging in the code.
<CKQ6QL33P1LO.ONRJUYHS5QAD@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<34HP1ZE2DMPS9.36XTOJFATMT6C@erock.io> (view parent)
On Tue Jun 14, 2022 at 3:21 PM EDT,  wrote:
> I'm really enjoying `kiln` so thanks for building it!

Glad you like it!

> I had a couple of posts that were written with carriage return's for newlines.
> This caused the frontmatter parser to fail which then removed title and date
> from those articles.

Thanks for pointing out the issue! I went ahead and pushed a fix for
this. It will be included in the next release.

> First, I wanted to just point out that potential issue for other users, but
> I'm also wondering if it's something kiln should detect and handle or at
> least notify the user?

According to the Gemini specification, Gemini clients should be able to
handle both LF and CRLF. Therefore, kiln probably should too.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)