~adnano/kiln-discuss

1

Re: Seeking feedback for kiln 0.3.0

<CAKWB2UM0pjYQQf9urZHdtipgRS9Ajyx2d1SHK=FxXEh0C=2tOg@mail.gmail.com>
This is my first time replying on the sourcehut website, so bare with me.
I have installed the kiln 0.3.0-alpha through AUR.
I am building a base website following the tutorial on your website.

However, it doesn't set the correct page paths, and I struggle after
some hours to get it working.
Partly because I am not that experienced, but could it be that the
default path out of the box template is wrong?

>                      Cannot open local    ║
                    ║       file: stat       ║
                    ║  /2021/06/25/first/:   ║
                    ║    no such file or     ║
                    ║       directory.

It seems like it doesn't prepend the base dir and in my test I just
have file:///slug, instead of file:///root/slug.
Also not sure whether it should end in /first/ and then contain a
index.gmi file or whether it should end in first.gmi as a file and not
a folder.

For the rest it has been a real breeze!

Kind regards,

wout

Re: Seeking feedback for kiln 0.3.0

<CHU782PYGZK4.39ACZWEA0QRPY@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<CAKWB2UM0pjYQQf9urZHdtipgRS9Ajyx2d1SHK=FxXEh0C=2tOg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sat Feb 12, 2022 at 2:26 AM EST, wout arose wrote:
> This is my first time replying on the sourcehut website, so bare with me.
> I have installed the kiln 0.3.0-alpha through AUR.
> I am building a base website following the tutorial on your website.
>
> However, it doesn't set the correct page paths, and I struggle after
> some hours to get it working.
> Partly because I am not that experienced, but could it be that the
> default path out of the box template is wrong?

Are you sure the AUR contains 0.3.0-alpha? It seems like it contians
some commit after 0.2.1. You can run 'kiln version' to see which version
you have installed. Alternatively, you can try to build kiln from
source.

> >                      Cannot open local    ║
>                     ║       file: stat       ║
>                     ║  /2021/06/25/first/:   ║
>                     ║    no such file or     ║
>                     ║       directory.
>
> It seems like it doesn't prepend the base dir and in my test I just
> have file:///slug, instead of file:///root/slug.
> Also not sure whether it should end in /first/ and then contain a
> index.gmi file or whether it should end in first.gmi as a file and not
> a folder.

Could you share your kiln configuration and what commands you are
running to get this error?
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)