~adnano/kiln-discuss

Re: Seeking feedback for kiln 0.3.0

<CHUDSZM4HSVS.H8J003VZ9MKJ@nitro>
On Sat Feb 12, 2022 at 2:52 PM EST, wout arose wrote:
> I created it from scratch with this config.toml:
>
> cat config.toml
>
> > title = "Example website"

> > "/" = "/{{ .Date.Format `2006/01/02` }}/{{ path.Base .Path }}/"
> >
> > [[tasks]]
> > name = "Gemini"
> > url = "gemini://example.com"
> > input = [".gmi"]
> > output = ".gmi"
> > template = ".gmi"
> > static_dir = "static"
> > output_dir = "public"
> >
> > [[tasks.feeds]]
> > input_dir = "."
> > title = "Example feed"
> > template = "atom.xml"
> > output = "atom.xml"
> >

>  cat content/first.gmi
>
> > ---
> > title: My first post
> > date: 2021-06-25
> > ---
> >
> > This is my first post!
>

> I think I followed all the steps from the tutorial, but what I see if I
> open in amfora/astronaut, is that it creates a link as
> file:///2021/06/25/first/
> so it loses the base root. If I follow the same basic process in gssg then
> it does work like I expect it to, with functional local links.

Ah, the problem here is that your site needs to be served by a Gemini
server to work properly, as it uses absolute links. You can run a Gemini
server locally and point it to your site root to browse your site.

Perhaps clients should have the ability to treat a folder like a site so
that absolute links work properly.

> I will read the manual once more after some coffee tomorrow morning,
> because I think it's mostly my fault for not understanding the basics of
> gemini.
>
> Also I have to look into my mailing stuff, but ever since switching to
> linux, I would need a better solution for mail, so I guess that's what the
> DKIM line was referring to.

This email didn't show up in the archive. The last one did, though.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)