~amk/public-inbox

1

(auth-source-search :port "subsonic") dangerous

<87r1fcuf71.fsf@trigram.no>

(auth-source-search :port "subsonic") on my end seems to select some
completely unrelated entry (even though I've got an entry with that
port). And then makes a login request to that …

I think it'd be safer if you require the user to set a machine name
first, and search for that machine name

(auth-source-pick-first-password :host subsonic-host)
<87pmuvq61a.fsf@amk.ie>
In-Reply-To
<87r1fcuf71.fsf@trigram.no> (view parent)
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer@fsfe.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> (auth-source-search :port "subsonic") on my end seems to select some
> completely unrelated entry (even though I've got an entry with that
> port). And then makes a login request to that …
>
> I think it'd be safer if you require the user to set a machine name
> first, and search for that machine name
>
> (auth-source-pick-first-password :host subsonic-host)

Hi Kevin,

I've changed it so subsonic-host is required to be set, and it searches
by machine name now, thank you for the suggestion. Please let  me know
if you come accross anything else that needs fixing!

Kind Regards,
Alex
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)