~amk/public-inbox

3 3

Re: Installing subsonic.el with straight.el (and Doom Emacs)

<f034d6b243aa72fc2e33f2e787332930@amk.ie>

I was able to reproduce this, I *think* it should be fixed now.
I'm not super sure if the fix is right, I dont have much experience with straight.el/doom
but it seems to have stopped the error at least.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Installing subsonic.el with straight.el (and Doom Emacs)

<87tup4x627.fsf@posteo.net>
In-Reply-To
<f034d6b243aa72fc2e33f2e787332930@amk.ie> (view parent)
amk@amk.ie writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was able to reproduce this, I *think* it should be fixed now.
> I'm not super sure if the fix is right, I dont have much experience
> with straight.el/doom
> but it seems to have stopped the error at least.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Hi,

Thank you very much for having a look at this. The package now installs
(from MELPA),
but subsequent runs of `doom sync` yield this error:

 x There was an unexpected error
    Message: Symbol's function definition is void
    Data: (void-function . transient-define-prefix)
    Backtrace:
      (transient-define-prefix subsonic nil "Help transient for subsonic
      podcast
      (eval-buffer #<buffer  *load*-220862> nil
      "/home/user/.config/emacs/.lo
      (load-with-code-conversion
      "/home/user/.config/emacs/.local/straight/bu
      (load
      "/home/user/.config/emacs/.local/straight/build-27.1/subsonic/sub
      (progn (load autoloads-file nil 'nomessage))
      (if (file-exists-p autoloads-file) (progn (load autoloads-file nil
      'nomess
      (let ((autoloads-file (straight--autoloads-file package))) (if
      (file-exist
      (straight--load-package-autoloads "subsonic")
      (let ((name (symbol-name package))) (add-to-list 'load-path
      (directory-fil
      (let ((package (car --dolist-tail--))) (straight-register-package
      package)

Thanks for your help!

EV
--

Re: Installing subsonic.el with straight.el (and Doom Emacs)

<SSBBQQ.W9Q6PO8SGL2D@amk.ie>
In-Reply-To
<87tup4x627.fsf@posteo.net> (view parent)

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 23:47, Alexandre Rogers
<alexandre.rogers@posteo.net> wrote:

> amk@amk.ie writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was able to reproduce this, I *think* it should be fixed now.
>> I'm not super sure if the fix is right, I dont have much experience
>> with straight.el/doom
>> but it seems to have stopped the error at least.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for having a look at this. The package now
> installs
> (from MELPA),
> but subsequent runs of `doom sync` yield this error:
>
> x There was an unexpected error
>    Message: Symbol's function definition is void
>    Data: (void-function . transient-define-prefix)
>    Backtrace:
>      (transient-define-prefix subsonic nil "Help transient for
> subsonic      podcast
>      (eval-buffer #<buffer  *load*-220862> nil
> "/home/user/.config/emacs/.lo
>      (load-with-code-conversion
> "/home/user/.config/emacs/.local/straight/bu
>      (load
> "/home/user/.config/emacs/.local/straight/build-27.1/subsonic/sub
>      (progn (load autoloads-file nil 'nomessage))
>      (if (file-exists-p autoloads-file) (progn (load autoloads-file
> nil      'nomess
>      (let ((autoloads-file (straight--autoloads-file package))) (if
>    (file-exist
>      (straight--load-package-autoloads "subsonic")
>      (let ((name (symbol-name package))) (add-to-list 'load-path
> (directory-fil
>      (let ((package (car --dolist-tail--)))
> (straight-register-package      package)
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> EV
> --

Hi,

I took a look again on a fresh install however I wasnt able to
reproduce this.
Maybe try removing the (package! subsonic) and doing a doom purge/sync
and adding it again.
It seems like it might be an issue with a cached .elc.

Sorry about the problems I'll continue to try to reproduce for a bit.

Alex

Re: Installing subsonic.el with straight.el (and Doom Emacs)

<878s6g6by9.fsf@posteo.net>
In-Reply-To
<SSBBQQ.W9Q6PO8SGL2D@amk.ie> (view parent)

> Hi,
>
> I took a look again on a fresh install however I wasnt able to
> reproduce this.
> Maybe try removing the (package! subsonic) and doing a doom purge/sync
> and adding it again.
> It seems like it might be an issue with a cached .elc.
>
> Sorry about the problems I'll continue to try to reproduce for a bit.
>
> Alex

Sorry about that - I should've thought of doing that before bothering
you. It works indeed after running `doom clean && doom purge`. Thanks a
lot!

EV