~arivigo/scalc-devel

Updates on development!

<20210429191730.ku54hemzlet3xlpj@arch>
Hi there!
I'm just checking in to give some updates on the current state of the
project.

Currently I'm working on a major rewrite of the code in the scalc.c
module (see [1]). In a nutshell, the code needs some serious
refactoring before any new features may be implemented. I'm especially
interested in implementing some kind of memory registers that would
ease calculations (think of them as memory in a pocket calculator, not
as variables as in a programming language!).

I have made lots of improvements, but haven't pushed the code yet...
there's still some rough edges to smooth out before merging the branch
into master and push it to the repo.

After that's sorted out and memory registers are implemented, 0.1.0
will be a reality! Looking forward to it, because I have been using
scalc and I do find it quite useful for simple calculations.

This is the news for today! Stay tuned!

[1] https://todo.sr.ht/~arivigo/scalc/11

--
Ariadna Vigo