~arivigo/scalc-devel

Farewell, sline (scalc/sline split)

<20210722145249.kgnpcwztdukodwxa@arch>
Hi everyone!
This is a weird post I'm writing. After giving this some days of
thought, I've decided to split sline from the scalc codebase and make
a new project out of it. The old sline.c module was bigger than all
other modules, really needed some internal splitting, and in the end,
I'm sure a line-editing library like that deserves to be a project on
its own.

As scalc is in its 0.3.x version (and next one is probably 0.3.2; I'll
explain later why it's highly unlikely why it won't be 0.4.0), this is
a very, very good moment to make a move like this.

So, sline [1] is now a dependency of scalc, to be developed separately.
This means that if you're packaging scalc in any distribution, you'll
need to package sline as well or it will fail to build.

Cheers!

[1]: https://sr.ht/~arivigo/sline
--
Ariadna Vigo