~aw/flounder

1

Synchronization

<380a9107be22278ba35eda103ee59343@riseup.net>
Hello!

I want to sync local files in dir `local` and remote files from
flounder, which mounted at `mountpoint` with:

sshfs sawarka@flounder.online:/ mountpoint -p 2024

I tryed to use rsync, to update only updated files:

rsync -av --delete local/ mountpoint/

But it give me errors like this with all files:

rsync: [receiver] mkstemp
"/home/sawarka/dev/sawarka.flounder.online/mountpoint/.index.gmi.zVnVr4"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)
rsync: [receiver] mkstemp
"/home/sawarka/dev/sawarka.flounder.online/mountpoint/.robots.txt.ZgRjF3"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)

And files don't sync. But with option `--temp-dir /tmp` rsync works, but
it update all files (and all files logged at main page of flounder).

So, how to sync files with rsync (or any cli-program, that can do this)
and remote flounder? And how do you sync with flounder?

Sincerely,
Sawarka

P.S. Sorry for bad english
<DB653835-BCA1-4F75-A926-4D661BB700FA@alexwennerberg.com>
In-Reply-To
<380a9107be22278ba35eda103ee59343@riseup.net> (view parent)
Hi sawarka, there is a known issue where a few sftp actions, like deleting folders, are not supported. I mostly edit my site in the web browser, but other than that I just edit directly inside the Mount folder. Let me know if you have any questions

Alex

> On Mar 18, 2021, at 8:39 AM, sawarka@riseup.net wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I want to sync local files in dir `local` and remote files from
> flounder, which mounted at `mountpoint` with:
>
> sshfs sawarka@flounder.online:/ mountpoint -p 2024
>
> I tryed to use rsync, to update only updated files:
>
> rsync -av --delete local/ mountpoint/
>
> But it give me errors like this with all files:
>
> rsync: [receiver] mkstemp
> "/home/sawarka/dev/sawarka.flounder.online/mountpoint/.index.gmi.zVnVr4"
> failed: Operation not permitted (1)
> rsync: [receiver] mkstemp
> "/home/sawarka/dev/sawarka.flounder.online/mountpoint/.robots.txt.ZgRjF3"
> failed: Operation not permitted (1)
>
> And files don't sync. But with option `--temp-dir /tmp` rsync works, but
> it update all files (and all files logged at main page of flounder).
>
> So, how to sync files with rsync (or any cli-program, that can do this)
> and remote flounder? And how do you sync with flounder?
>
> Sincerely,
> Sawarka
>
> P.S. Sorry for bad english
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)