~aw/flounder

4 2

Minimal set of SFTP transactions

QSMD
<6f53057ada12e52bbc2ff86705e65219@qsmd.de>
Hi Alex,

thank you for this nice and easy way to put a small Gemini site online.
I am using it to make available posts written originally in Markdown and
therefore am accessing flounder programmatically over SFTP (Hugo and
md2gmn take care of the site creation).

At flounder's landing page there's this nice overview of recently
updated files which I did not want to flood by just doing

```sftp
rm *
put -r public/*
```

So I wrote a small AGPLv3 licensed bash script that creates a set of
only necessary transactions. It has the downside of additional traffic
to download the files from the server first and similar to Git it won't
store empty directories. But apart from that it does the job rather well
although I cannot promise I got rid of all bugs. I'll attach it to this
email, but it also lives in my blog's repository:
https://framagit.org/qsmd/blog

On a different note, the `rmdir` command does not seem to work on your
SFTP server, not even on empty directories. But `rm` does just fine, so
I'm using that.

Regards,
QSMD
QSMD
<c0d394571bb9cdd7271da5c80f2fab99@qsmd.de>
In-Reply-To
<6f53057ada12e52bbc2ff86705e65219@qsmd.de> (view parent)
Also, I should say that the title is not entirely precise, it is only
for creating a minimal set of SFTP transactions _that modify the files_.
<DF5CF7CE-DC70-4A6D-9680-A1ABB70707EB@alexwennerberg.com>
In-Reply-To
<c0d394571bb9cdd7271da5c80f2fab99@qsmd.de> (view parent)
Hi thanks! I will take a look and maybe add to the documentation. I’ve been using sshfs for a similar task, you might want to try that out too. The fact that I don’t support rmdir is an open issue, I just haven’t gotten around to fixing it.

All the best,

Alex

<A98ABF85-28CB-4E2E-8152-B12D7DB3C35A@alexwennerberg.com>

<057fbee7c1ad770d18a395ede3904d08@qsmd.de>