~aw/flounder

1

Fwd: capsule views stats

Jan Lajka
<CALfeWoL-aObsnjh4adcogG2iwy+CJ84w0w2N69JXQ4-poj8qEA@mail.gmail.com>
I am quite new to gemini and flounder.online in particular, so I
apologize if there is an obvious solution to my question that I am
just unaware of...

Is there any way to see the number of pageviews for each gmi I publish
on flounder? I would really like to know if anyone cares about the
content I create.

It could be then taken to the new level by creating a list of the most
viewed capsules on flounder.online, similar to the one on the newly
updated ones...

Thanks,
Jan
<C9YWTLA2A1MT.GG3ASJUQ3XVC@debian-alex>
In-Reply-To
<CALfeWoL-aObsnjh4adcogG2iwy+CJ84w0w2N69JXQ4-poj8qEA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Jan,

I considered this, but there are some reasons I haven't implemented it
yet. First, I wanted to build something that gets out of the trend of
social media numerically measuring everything: upvotes, likes, etc.
I don't think pageviews is as problematic of a metric, but it can still
lead to people writing to maximize views instead of writing what they
are interested in and care about.

That being said, I'm not fully opposed to the idea, I have just not had
much time to work on Flounder lately so I have prioritized bug fixes and
stability over new features

Thanks for the suggestion,

Alex

On Tue Mar 16, 2021 at 2:48 AM PDT, Jan Lajka wrote:
> Hi,
> I am quite new to gemini and flounder.online in particular, so I
> apologize if there is an obvious solution to my question that I am
> just unaware of...
>
> Is there any way to see the number of pageviews for each gmi I publish
> on flounder? I would really like to know if anyone cares about the
> content I create.
>
> It could be then taken to the new level by creating a list of the most
> viewed capsules on flounder.online, similar to the one on the newly
> updated ones...
>
> Thanks,
> Jan
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)