~aw/flounder

2 2

serving gmi files from http?

Nick James
<b93fc868-8a35-45e5-abf4-91aff927ec9e@www.fastmail.com>
hi,
I have a gmi file at
http://www.njames.co.uk/gemini/sqPhoto/sqPics.gmi

is there a way of accessing this and rendering it with a gemini client? or do I need a separate gemini hosting deal?

cheers

nickj

nickj.flounder.online
<24F29812-43B0-4192-9C58-984C8A9B6516@alexwennerberg.com>
In-Reply-To
<b93fc868-8a35-45e5-abf4-91aff927ec9e@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Nick! I’m not sure I follow your question. All content on Flounder is available via both http and gemini

Alex

> On Jul 31, 2021, at 4:42 AM, Nick James <nickjames@fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi,
> I have a gmi file at
> http://www.njames.co.uk/gemini/sqPhoto/sqPics.gmi
>
> is there a way of accessing this and rendering it with a gemini client? or do I need a separate gemini hosting deal?
>
> cheers
>
> nickj
>
> nickj.flounder.online
Michael Mientus
<b6b1fc3a-2591-e194-0313-52650b420594@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<b93fc868-8a35-45e5-abf4-91aff927ec9e@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
> I have a gmi file at
> http://www.njames.co.uk/gemini/sqPhoto/sqPics.gmi
>
> is there a way of accessing this and rendering it with a gemini client? or do I need a separate gemini hosting deal?
>
> nickj.flounder.online

If you want to access it via Gemini:// you need a Gemini server
(software) or host it on your flounder.

Gemini Server Software
gemini.circumlunar.space/software/

A Gemini client is going to want to use the Gemini protocol.

If you have your own virtual machine, you can add a Gemini server. It
should respond to requests on the default port (1965).

Example Resource
gemini://njames.co.uk/sqPhoto/sqPics.gmi

If you have an HTTP host, something easy you can do is add a DNS record
and point that to your Gemini server (host):

Example
gemini://gemini.njames.co.uk/sqPhoto/sqPics.gmi

You'll also need TLS (an SSL certificate) for Gemini to work.

Section 4: TLS
gemini.circumlunar.space/docs/specification.gmi

There is also a mailing list for Gemini.

Mailing List
https://lists.orbitalfox.eu/listinfo/gemini

--
Mike