~aw/flounder

8 3

Certificate Expired

Michael Mientus
<edf048c4-ea9b-da29-c35e-da40329d1bc2@gmail.com>
It looks like the flounder certificate expired. I can't reach the HTTPS
user portal or public pages. The gemini protocol still seems to be
working. I'm able to access my page through my Gemini client and via proxy.

--
Mike
<00D05526-6A4C-4E6F-A390-2714790E2617@alexwennerberg.com>

Alex

<F7A7FE8A-8932-4298-A263-63F71B4FE726@alexwennerberg.com>
In-Reply-To
<edf048c4-ea9b-da29-c35e-da40329d1bc2@gmail.com> (view parent)
Should be up now. Let me know if you have issues

Alex

> On Apr 28, 2021, at 10:57 PM, Michael Mientus <michael.mientus@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like the flounder certificate expired. I can't reach the HTTPS user portal or public pages. The gemini protocol still seems to be working. I'm able to access my page through my Gemini client and via proxy.
>
> --
> Mike

Michael Mientus
<d77eaea5-f7b7-4267-651d-a979b8645006@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<F7A7FE8A-8932-4298-A263-63F71B4FE726@alexwennerberg.com> (view parent)
On 4/29/2021 1:16 AM, Alex wrote:
> Should be up now. Let me know if you have issues

Looks good here.

Are you able to automate the DNS entry?

Or is there some reason why we use subdomains instead of home directories?

Thanks,

--
Mike
<EC92CE92-E63D-4C64-A848-3ED480D2F25A@alexwennerberg.com>

I use Caddy as my web server and it has some tools for automating wildcard certs but last time i checked they didn’t support my domain regustrar. There was a workaround that I wasnt happy with at the time, but i forget what it was. I’ll try to automate it again in 3 months when this is again a problem

Alex

> On Apr 29, 2021, at 12:12 AM, Michael Mientus <michael.mientus@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/29/2021 1:16 AM, Alex wrote:
>> Should be up now. Let me know if you have issues
>
> Looks good here.
>
> Are you able to automate the DNS entry?
>
> Or is there some reason why we use subdomains instead of home directories?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Mike
Michael Mientus
<14a5484d-b569-5ecc-97f6-9e6aa9920a05@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<EC92CE92-E63D-4C64-A848-3ED480D2F25A@alexwennerberg.com> (view parent)
On 4/29/2021 2:18 AM, Alex wrote:
> There was a workaround that I wasnt happy with at the time, but i forget what it was.

The Let's Encrypt docs say that you can delegate the challenge to
another provider.

=> https://letsencrypt.org/docs/challenge-types/#dns-01-challenge
Challenge Types -  Let's Encrypt

--
Mike
Michael Mientus
On 4/29/2021 2:18 AM, Alex wrote:
> I’ll try to automate it again in 3 months when this is again a problem
>
> Alex

The SSL certificate for Flounder expired.

Regards,
--
Mike
<CD4J6FUH1WBK.77ELGOIHMHST@localhost>

On Tue Jul 27, 2021 at 10:39 PM PDT, Michael Mientus wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 2:18 AM, Alex wrote:
> > I’ll try to automate it again in 3 months when this is again a problem
> >
> > Alex
>
> The SSL certificate for Flounder expired.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mike
Michael Mientus
<b45880ea-ff83-2670-6377-a1d70eb5f66c@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CD4J6FUH1WBK.77ELGOIHMHST@localhost> (view parent)
On 7/28/2021 12:40 AM, alex wennerberg wrote:
> Hi thanks for letting me know! I am aware of the issue and should have
> it resolved soon. Sadly there is not automated process for updating
> my wildcard domains so this happens every 3 months

No problem! Thanks for the awesome service!

--
Mike
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)