~blowry/steamarchiver

2 2

upstream repo - PythonSteam

<CADSWpsV9L=+SfFG_st+SdAy91GOKLk0PFqSTVEeaBuW1+CYbmw@mail.gmail.com>
It seems that upstream is no longer getting updates which the program
over on that Owner being steamctl is broken and still is stuck on old
login system.
all i could think of doing is transplanting in the new login system or
switch codebases to base it off of
https://github.com/Gobot1234/steam.py/

whatever way its done would be helpful
also why can't we just save the manifest outside of a .zip file? and
just save it like as {appid}_{depotid}_{manifestid}
<EBD16B63-6BA4-4874-8C97-9EC5FA3700D1@ben.gmbh>
In-Reply-To
<CADSWpsV9L=+SfFG_st+SdAy91GOKLk0PFqSTVEeaBuW1+CYbmw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 14 Feb 2024, at 3:38, Aussie Gamer wrote:

> all i could think of doing is transplanting in the new login system or
> switch codebases to base it off of
> https://github.com/Gobot1234/steam.py/
Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for the link. I'm definitely
interested in rewriting to work better with the new login system (and especially
increasing the use of asyncio in the codebase), and if that means moving to a
different upstream library and significantly rewriting the code in the process
then I'd be willing to do it, but I'm really busy with school (hence not
checking my mailing lists for a month) and likely won't have time to do
significant work on this until June at the earliest.

> whatever way its done would be helpful
> also why can't we just save the manifest outside of a .zip file? and
> just save it like as {appid}_{depotid}_{manifestid}
The .zip is actually the format in which Steam stores the manifest on the
server; it would take extra effort to extract it after download. The zip
extension is added by steamarchiver but it's already a zip when downloaded.

-benjamin
<3cff01da7b50$cfcc6510$6f652f30$@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<EBD16B63-6BA4-4874-8C97-9EC5FA3700D1@ben.gmbh> (view parent)
On 19 March 2024, at 8:50, Benjamin Lowry wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for the link. I'm definitely
> interested in rewriting to work better with the new login system (and
especially
> increasing the use of asyncio in the codebase), and if that means moving
to a
> different upstream library and significantly rewriting the code in the
process
> then I'd be willing to do it, but I'm really busy with school (hence not
> checking my mailing lists for a month) and likely won't have time to do
> significant work on this until June at the earliest.
Sure go ahead take your time but at least that would make everything more
useful in terms of it being up to date as well as working on the newer login
code
> The .zip is actually the format in which Steam stores the manifest on the
> server; it would take extra effort to extract it after download. The zip
> extension is added by steamarchiver but it's already a zip when
downloaded.
No steam does not store their manifests as .zip nor does it store it as a
zip format
for steamarchiver it seems to me its downloading the original manifest then
compressing it in a .zip file and that is not what is downloaded

-Auzzie

On 14 Feb 2024, at 3:38, Aussie Gamer wrote:

> all i could think of doing is transplanting in the new login system or
> switch codebases to base it off of
> https://github.com/Gobot1234/steam.py/
Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for the link. I'm definitely
interested in rewriting to work better with the new login system (and
especially
increasing the use of asyncio in the codebase), and if that means moving to
different upstream library and significantly rewriting the code in the
process
then I'd be willing to do it, but I'm really busy with school (hence not
checking my mailing lists for a month) and likely won't have time to do
significant work on this until June at the earliest.

> whatever way its done would be helpful
> also why can't we just save the manifest outside of a .zip file? and
> just save it like as {appid}_{depotid}_{manifestid}
The .zip is actually the format in which Steam stores the manifest on the
server; it would take extra effort to extract it after download. The zip
extension is added by steamarchiver but it's already a zip when downloaded.

-benjamin
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)