~bzg/emacsfr

7 3

RE: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<m2h72wt69h.fsf@fastmail.com>
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Salut tout le monde,

I'll write in English. I hope that's okay. It's easier to type that way
for me.

1) Emacs Doctor is a dark theme site but it has very dark blue
links. Can somebody please fix that? It's almost impossible to read
except by hilighting the text. Make the links white or something,
please?

2) The same site gives me a warning when I go to it on Safari. I think the
certificate is out of date, perhaps? Can somebody please check that?

Thanks everyone and have a great vacation month. 👍

--
Nathaniel Harari,
Sent from MU4E in Emacs on a Mac.
natharari@fastmail.com

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<874jyv98k4.fsf@gnu.org>
In-Reply-To
<m2h72wt69h.fsf@fastmail.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Hi Nathaniel,

> I'll write in English. I hope that's okay. It's easier to type that way
> for me.

No problem!

> 1) Emacs Doctor is a dark theme site but it has very dark blue
> links. Can somebody please fix that? It's almost impossible to read
> except by hilighting the text. Make the links white or something,
> please?

Can you provide a patch for this?

Here is the repo with a simple .css file:
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/emacs-doctor.com/

> 2) The same site gives me a warning when I go to it on Safari. I think the
> certificate is out of date, perhaps? Can somebody please check that?

The certificate is fine.  

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<87wnbp3slv.fsf@phundrak.com>
In-Reply-To
<m2h72wt69h.fsf@fastmail.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Hello,

Nathaniel Harari <natharari@fastmail.com> writes:

> 1) Emacs Doctor is a dark theme site but it has very dark blue
> links. Can somebody please fix that? It's almost impossible to 
> read
> except by hilighting the text. Make the links white or 
> something,
> please?

I just checked, and for some reason Safari forces its own 
stylesheet
over the website’s with the following CSS:
,----
| a:any-link {
|     color: --webkit-link;
|     text-decoration: underline;
|     cursor: auto;
| }
`----

Otherwise, no issue with Firefox, regarless of the OS (macOS, 
Linux,
and Android).

> 2) The same site gives me a warning when I go to it on Safari. I 
> think the
> certificate is out of date, perhaps? Can somebody please check 
> that?

I didn’t encounter this issue on macOS, but I did get it with
Qutebrowser and Epiphany, both on Linux. Apparently, the 
certificate
does not match the URL according to Qutebrowser (I can’t get 
Epiphany
to show me the error again).

Cheers!

--
Lucien “Phundrak” Cartier-Tilet
<https://phundrak.com> (Français)
<https://phundrak.com/en> (English)
Sent from GNU/Emacs

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<m2pmhd7p5u.fsf@fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<87wnbp3slv.fsf@phundrak.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Lucien Cartier-Tilet @ 2022-08-03 23:30 :

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hello,
>
> Nathaniel Harari <natharari@fastmail.com> writes:
>
>> 1) Emacs Doctor is a dark theme site but it has very dark blue
>> links. Can somebody please fix that? It's almost impossible to read
>> except by hilighting the text. Make the links white or something,
>> please?
>
> I just checked, and for some reason Safari forces its own stylesheet
> over the website’s with the following CSS:
> ,----
> | a:any-link {
> |     color: --webkit-link;
> |     text-decoration: underline;
> |     cursor: auto;
> | }
> `----
>
> Otherwise, no issue with Firefox, regarless of the OS (macOS, Linux,
> and Android).

Aha! So I was correct...but we still don't know why, I'm guessing?

>> 2) The same site gives me a warning when I go to it on Safari. I
>> think the
>> certificate is out of date, perhaps? Can somebody please check that?
>
> I didn’t encounter this issue on macOS, but I did get it with
> Qutebrowser and Epiphany, both on Linux. Apparently, the certificate
> does not match the URL according to Qutebrowser (I can’t get Epiphany
> to show me the error again).
>
> Cheers!

Thanks for checking. I did get this with Safari on my Mac and my
iPad. At least I know it's, again, not just me. 😁

--
Nathaniel Harari,
Sent from MU4E in Emacs on a Mac.
natharari@fastmail.com

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<878ro0m7sc.fsf@phundrak.com>
In-Reply-To
<m2pmhd7p5u.fsf@fastmail.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Nathaniel Harari <natharari@fastmail.com> writes:

> Aha! So I was correct...but we still don't know why, I'm guessing?

I have absolutely no idea, my only experience with macOS and Safari is
with my macOS VM I run once or twice a year at most. I guess a fix
would be to add an `!important' on the relevant lines in the CSS, but it
feels a bit overkill.

It appears Nyxt also has this issue, which also uses WebKit (used by
Safari), so the issue might come from the engine itself.

--
Lucien “Phundrak” Cartier-Tilet
<https://phundrak.com> (Français)
<https://phundrak.com/en> (English)
Sent from GNU/Emacs

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<m24jyn9qwv.fsf@fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<878ro0m7sc.fsf@phundrak.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Thanks for the info. I would never have figured that out. If it's really
just webkit then I suppose it's not really that important to change any
of it. Plus, if it's something like that, I probably wouldn't be able to
fix the CSS - which I haven't written since about 15 years or so, give
or take.

Side note: Sorry, Bastien, but there's no way I can figure that out right now.

Lucien Cartier-Tilet @ 2022-08-07 16:37 :

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Nathaniel Harari <natharari@fastmail.com> writes:
>
>> Aha! So I was correct...but we still don't know why, I'm guessing?
>
> I have absolutely no idea, my only experience with macOS and Safari is
> with my macOS VM I run once or twice a year at most. I guess a fix
> would be to add an `!important' on the relevant lines in the CSS, but it
> feels a bit overkill.
>
> It appears Nyxt also has this issue, which also uses WebKit (used by
> Safari), so the issue might come from the engine itself.


--
Nathaniel Harari,
Sent from MU4E in Emacs on a Mac.
natharari@fastmail.com

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<875yj2iwrh.fsf@gnu.org>
In-Reply-To
<m24jyn9qwv.fsf@fastmail.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Nathaniel Harari <natharari@fastmail.com> writes:

> Side note: Sorry, Bastien, but there's no way I can figure that out
> right now.

No problem, may someone else will!  Anyone is welcome to hack on the
css file to enhance it.

-- 
 Bastien

Re: Le site Emacs Doctor

Details
Message ID
<m2leryttdm.fsf@fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<875yj2iwrh.fsf@gnu.org> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Bastien @ 2022-08-08 17:24 :

> Nathaniel Harari <natharari@fastmail.com> writes:
>
>> Side note: Sorry, Bastien, but there's no way I can figure that out
>> right now.
>
> No problem, may someone else will!  Anyone is welcome to hack on the
> css file to enhance it.

👍

--
Nathaniel Harari,
Sent from MU4E in Emacs on a Mac.
natharari@fastmail.com
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)