~cadence/breezewiki-discuss

2

Feature Request: Dark Mode

<2ZQPPEV1Q1qn5g875lA2BlJsJnLMoV489G7QQ6Qde-a8UmU2fCSZ6_n3cLvmyrqblHT4xOthcDFt36Zmeaglhl2p8DY86IOEbtTv-aBsPCQ=@proton.me>
Took a quick look around the docs and existing feature requests/to-dos but didn't see this, so: I'd love if a dark mode toggle could be added as I tend to switch it on for all wikis I'm able to. Many Fandom wikis default to a dark theme, but others (i.e., https://finalfantasy.fandom.com) have a toggle.

I expect copying the existing CSS colors schemes from the Fandom wiki might be somewhat complex, but even defaulting to a simple dark gray background/off-white text would be preferable.

I just found this project today from Tumblr and I love it, thank you so much for this.
<a76203b2-7d53-4bb0-935d-ed548a4e54b6@disroot.org>
In-Reply-To
<2ZQPPEV1Q1qn5g875lA2BlJsJnLMoV489G7QQ6Qde-a8UmU2fCSZ6_n3cLvmyrqblHT4xOthcDFt36Zmeaglhl2p8DY86IOEbtTv-aBsPCQ=@proton.me> (view parent)
I have in-progress code for this but it is way harder to do than you'd
expect. Blame Fandom ;)
<99aa1631-a5b3-4c87-9537-fde4300c6c68@disroot.org>
In-Reply-To
<a76203b2-7d53-4bb0-935d-ed548a4e54b6@disroot.org> (view parent)
Light/dark theme settings should be available on https://breezewiki.com
right now! If you have any bugs or feedback about theme settings please
don't hesitate to let me know - BreezeWiki can only get better with your
help!

IMPORTANT: If you see any light text on light background or dark text on
dark background, please check whether this is an issue on the real
fandom.com version too. (the bottom of the page has a link to fandom.) If
fandom also has the same visual glitch, breezewiki can't automatically
fix that, because this is a mistake that the wiki creators made in the
first place. If fandom looks okay and breezewiki doesn't, then that's a
bug and I need to hear about it!

Thank you :)
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)