~cadence/tube-devel

2 2

Error on un-aired livestreams

<668f1c4ab3fe900f431355cd4a13c19e2e41ced3.camel@neon.moe>
Hi!

I came across a scheduled livestream, which looked like a normal video
in the CloudTube interface. Opening the video resulted in an "Unknown
download error" generated by my Second instance (which is on commit
be1b1bc3, up-to-date on the main branch at the time of writing).

The logs just say `ERROR: This live event will begin in 5 hours.`

Showing that error to the user would already be a big improvement, but
showing the scheduled livestream differently in the interface would be
even better.

- Jens
<b5beb4db-1c5e-4389-ac9a-405738d8fcb7@disroot.org>
In-Reply-To
<668f1c4ab3fe900f431355cd4a13c19e2e41ced3.camel@neon.moe> (view parent)
I can't really do much better than this, sadly. The only data that
youtube-dl (which Second uses as a backend) returns is that error text.
There's no context about the video title, author, or description for
example. This means I can't render the regular video page with all its
information and add "live in X hours" as a notice, which is what I'd like
to do in a perfect world.
<cd084eb9f4be992abb003f028368931ace1c81a0.camel@neon.moe>
In-Reply-To
<b5beb4db-1c5e-4389-ac9a-405738d8fcb7@disroot.org> (view parent)
Ah, that's a bummer. Still, the error page would be a little clearer if
the user was shown the message that's in the server logs, instead of a
generic "error happened".
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)