~captainepoch/husky-devel

3

Feature suggestion: change markup type when composing posts

<20220430094639.i7al5ilqftyyzk2p@isanerc>
Husky version: 1.1.2

Pleroma supports several markup languages: HTML, Markdown, BBCode.

In order to set the markup language on Husky, you have to:

1. Go to Account Preferences in the menu
2. Set Default formatting syntax

It is not possible to change the markup language while creating posts
like on Pleroma FE.  This is inconvenient if you want to switch to other
markup language (or plain text) for one specific post.
<20220430102757.kloiwpp5dgvjopxr@MacBook-Pro-de-Adolfo.local>
In-Reply-To
<20220430094639.i7al5ilqftyyzk2p@isanerc> (view parent)
Hello!

>It is not possible to change the markup language while creating posts
>like on Pleroma FE.  This is inconvenient if you want to switch to other
>markup language (or plain text) for one specific post.

Oh, alright, now I get what you were talking about.

Yes, I think this is a good feature to have while composing a status.

I created a todo for this feature:

https://todo.sr.ht/~captainepoch/husky/30

Thank you for this suggestion!

Cheers!
<20220508085610.smujvbu7v2g7fu6j@MacBook-Pro-de-Adolfo.local>
In-Reply-To
<20220430094639.i7al5ilqftyyzk2p@isanerc> (view parent)
Hello!

>In order to set the markup language on Husky, you have to:
>
>1. Go to Account Preferences in the menu
>2. Set Default formatting syntax

I checked the code of the ComposeActivity, where you write your
statuses, and I noticed that this feature is already implemented.

If you wait until the view is loaded and the Markdown icon is enabled,
press the button for a period of time and you see something like in the
image [1].

It may change depending of what formats allow the instance you're on.

Please let me know if it works for you, so I can close this ticket
https://todo.sr.ht/~captainepoch/husky/30

Cheers!
<20220508091129.ei4s2526j7v4tzhv@MacBook-Pro-de-Adolfo.local>
In-Reply-To