~dmbaturin/soupault

Soupault 4.0.0-beta1

<63981f14-bbfa-0a54-5c9e-c66d01995340@baturin.org>
Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded soupault 4.0.0-beta1 to

Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded soupault 4.0.0-beta1 to
https://github.com/PataphysicalSociety/soupault/releases/tag/4.0.0-beta1
and to https://files.baturin.org/software/soupault/4.0.0-beta1/.

There are multiple new features:

     Index processors can be written in Lua, which enables not only
greater control but also allows generating taxonomy pages and paginated
indices directly from soupault.
     Ability to take over page processing stages and augment them with
Lua hooks.
     An option to make index data accessible from content pages.
     Ability to mark certain index fields as required.
     Multiple new Lua plugin functions, including Unicode-aware string
length and truncation, new HTML helpers, and more.

Of course, all these features need documentation and usage examples, and
I'll get to it. The GitHub release page has a "brief" (still large)
changelog with a few examples.

The breaking change that triggered a major version bump to 4.0.0 is the
removal of the default value for `index_item_template`.
The default used to reference the `{{title}}` variable long after the
content model was dehardcoded in 2.0.0,
but somehow that fact escaped me at the time.
Since everyone I know specifies index_template or index_item_template
explicitly, I doubt this change will actually affect anyone.

The main goal of this beta is to make sure that old functionality is
still working for everyone, save for a minor breaking change.

When I'm sure that it's stable enough, I'll put together a proper
release post, update the reference manual, and make it official.

I'm also going to give the sample blog repo a refresh and extract the
setup of the OCaml book as another "blueprint" to make it easier to
build upon. Stay tuned!

[...]

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)