~dmbaturin/soupault

1

Question about the glossary term "jingoo"

Tom Browder
<CAFMGiz9yff_oj5zrF0yRLW+0+v2kuQw+TnidARD4O8CHH5DVPQ@mail.gmail.com>
The glossary mentions "jingoo" as a template processor. How would that
be used in the "soupault" processing flow?

Best regards,

-Tom
<ba4128d0-db79-45e7-5088-6ca073a141a1@baturin.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAFMGiz9yff_oj5zrF0yRLW+0+v2kuQw+TnidARD4O8CHH5DVPQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 10/29/20 12:34 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
> The glossary mentions "jingoo" as a template processor. How would that
> be used in the "soupault" processing flow?
>
> Best regards,
>
> -Tom

Hi Tom,

There are two ways to use it.

Soupault can extract metadata from the pages using CSS selectors and
configurable fields—a bit like scraping your own site
(though microformats is a better analogy).
You can then render that site index data with
index_template/index_item_template options in index views
(see https://soupault.neocities.org/reference-manual/#index-views).

Originally you had to do it with an external script (index_processor
option), but then I thought some people may prefer a
"no moving parts" setup and added a built-in template processor as an
alternative.

For a demo, the index of the /code section on my site is generated that way:

https://baturin.org/code/
https://github.com/dmbaturin/baturin.org/blob/master/soupault.conf#L58-L88

The other way to use it is from Lua plugins:
https://soupault.neocities.org/reference-manual/#String.render_template
In that case you can use it for any data, including metadata extracted
from the pages of course
(accessible as a site_index global variable, see
https://soupault.neocities.org/reference-manual/#plugin-environment).
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)