~dmbaturin/soupault

1

Virtual soupault meetup: call for ideas

<fe3dbcd0-e9e3-501a-43e0-f9540c4bb666@baturin.org>
Hi everyone,

Soupault has definitely grown, but I wouldn't call its current state
"maturity".
It's more like "coming of age": it avoided parental^W maintainer
abandonment,
survived a few childhood diseases, and got its first jobs.

However, the decisions of what it wants and doesn't want to be aren't
final yet,
and the question how to make it grow is not answered either.

It would be cool to have a meetup with early adopters (and everyone
interested)
to hear opinions, feedback, and ideas.

From my side I'm planning a talk titled "Unsolved problems and possible
solutions".
If a meetup doesn't happen, it will become either a post or a mailing
list thread.

Topics for panel discussions:
* Improving extensibility (e.g. hooks to allow plugins take over some
generation steps)
* Increasing soupault adoption
* New plugin functionality and better plugin writer friendliness

The meetup is, obviously, going to be held online.
Which conference protocol/service to use is up to discussion.

Let me know if you are interested and let's discuss further details if
you are.
Hristos N. Triantafillou
<0484f968-aee9-d128-b48c-0403f15b10d3@triantafillou.us>
In-Reply-To
<fe3dbcd0-e9e3-501a-43e0-f9540c4bb666@baturin.org> (view parent)
I don't have a whole lot to add or talk about, but I think the meetup in
general is a cool idea. We could use something like Mumble for
audio-only, or possibly Jitsi for video.

Things I could discuss include: plugins (using and writing them),
experiences with converting sites to soupault, build/publish pipelines,
and so on. I'm definitely interested to hear what kind of feedback and
ideas other folks have!

-Hristos

On 10/10/20 9:22 AM, Daniil Baturin wrote:
> Soupault has definitely grown, but I wouldn't call its current state
> "maturity".
> It's more like "coming of age": it avoided parental^W maintainer
> abandonment,
> survived a few childhood diseases, and got its first jobs.
>
> However, the decisions of what it wants and doesn't want to be aren't
> final yet,
> and the question how to make it grow is not answered either.
>
> It would be cool to have a meetup with early adopters (and everyone
> interested)
> to hear opinions, feedback, and ideas.
>
> From my side I'm planning a talk titled "Unsolved problems and possible
> solutions".
> If a meetup doesn't happen, it will become either a post or a mailing
> list thread.
>
> Topics for panel discussions:
> * Improving extensibility (e.g. hooks to allow plugins take over some
> generation steps)
> * Increasing soupault adoption
> * New plugin functionality and better plugin writer friendliness
>
> The meetup is, obviously, going to be held online.
> Which conference protocol/service to use is up to discussion.
>
> Let me know if you are interested and let's discuss further details if
> you are.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)