~edwardloveall/scribe

2

List of public instances

<20211107231437.ymupzspbpe3b7vou@angmar>
Hello o/

It might be a good idea to have a list of public Scribe instances
somewhere. Projects like Nitter, Invidious, and Bibliogram have wiki
pages or simple markdown files listing known instances so people are
aware of their options.

- https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/wiki/Instances
- https://docs.invidious.io/Invidious-Instances.md
- https://git.sr.ht/~cadence/bibliogram-docs/tree/master/docs/Instances.md

It might actually be cool for Scribe itself to have a page displaying
other instances. This could be similar to the FAQ, but generated at
build-time from a text file. To make it a bit more dynamic so it's
easier to add/remove instances, a small bit of JavaScript could be used
on that specific page to load the raw text file from the SourceHut repo
before rendering it.

The *simplest* option would be a text or markdown file linked to from
the README and that would be perfectly suitable in my opinion; the
dedicated page on every instance is just an idea for consideration down
the line or something.

Cheers,
Amolith
<2C06C145-D043-4230-B052-E916720FE1EC@edwardloveall.com>
In-Reply-To
<20211107231437.ymupzspbpe3b7vou@angmar> (view parent)
Great idea, thank you. I'll probably do something similar to what
Biblirogram does and link it from the homepage of FAQ.

Edward
<9334E265-05C3-4169-9D35-06DE74D5A6A1@edwardloveall.com>
In-Reply-To
<2C06C145-D043-4230-B052-E916720FE1EC@edwardloveall.com> (view parent)
Done! Shipped in commit 25464acabeeb75af88b9679b3d2884ecdc136999 and
seen here:

https://scribe.rip/faq

Edward
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)