This patch further improves the proposed pattern for the Redirector
extension. In contrast to the old pattern, …
* … it will redirect the URL https://medium.com.
* … it will *not* redirect URLs with top-level domains like mediumXcom.
(This point is purely theoretical, but it makes the regular expression
more correct and consistent.)
* … it will *not* redirect URLs like https://link.medium.com/AXEtCilplkb
which Scribe currently cannot handle. These are shortened URLs that
users get when they use the Twitter button on Medium to share a post.
In order to implement the last point (not matching link.medium.com), the
pattern uses negative lookbehind. This feature of regular expressions is
supported by all recent browsers for which Redirector is available
(Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera)[^1], including the current version of
Firefox ESR (Extended Stability Release).
src/pages/home/index_page.cr | 4 ++--
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/src/pages/home/index_page.cr b/src/pages/home/index_page.cr
index c930a6c..940e5b3 100644
--- a/src/pages/home/index_page.cr+++ b/src/pages/home/index_page.cr
@@ -53,13 +53,13 @@ class Home::IndexPage < MainLayout
strong "Include pattern: "
- code "^https?://(?:.*\\.)*medium.com/(.*)$"+ code "^https?://(?:.*\\.)*(?<!link\\.)medium\\.com(/.*)?$" end
strong "Redirect to: "
- code "/$1"+ code "$1" end
strong "Pattern type: "