~eliasnaur/gio-patches

3 2

Re: [PATCH v3] widget/material: Add ButtonLayout support to Widget

Details
Message ID
<C1FTHITQU8O1.23DYXP71REW4L@toolbox>
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
On Fri Mar 20, 2020 at 17:30, Uti Michael wrote:
> > If you're up for a follow-up change, re-implementing IconButton and
> Button on
> > top of ButtonLayout would be nice and validate the design.
>
> IconButton uses ellipses, are we changing it's structure as ButtonLayout
> uses rectangle.
>

Good point. Just Button then :)

Re: [PATCH v3] widget/material: Add ButtonLayout support to Widget

Details
Message ID
<CAHhwB_eiKwtQKDFAv2pd7s7qWTwPuuBigS86HZ6mDegQ8nogAQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<C1FTHITQU8O1.23DYXP71REW4L@toolbox> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
> Please add a ButtonLayout example, e.g. by adding it to kitchen.

Can this be done on same patch? how can I get the uncommited hash to
use in kitchen go module?


On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:53 PM Elias Naur <mail@eliasnaur.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri Mar 20, 2020 at 17:30, Uti Michael wrote:
> > > If you're up for a follow-up change, re-implementing IconButton and
> > Button on
> > > top of ButtonLayout would be nice and validate the design.
> >
> > IconButton uses ellipses, are we changing it's structure as ButtonLayout
> > uses rectangle.
> >
>
> Good point. Just Button then :)

Re: [PATCH v3] widget/material: Add ButtonLayout support to Widget

Details
Message ID
<C1GN1EZZPSVI.3DNP3XE66ZXLI@toolbox>
In-Reply-To
<CAHhwB_eiKwtQKDFAv2pd7s7qWTwPuuBigS86HZ6mDegQ8nogAQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
On Sat Mar 21, 2020 at 13:52, Uti Michael wrote:
> > Please add a ButtonLayout example, e.g. by adding it to kitchen.
>
> Can this be done on same patch? how can I get the uncommited hash to
> use in kitchen go module?
>

I don't know, but a separate change is ok (that's what I usually do). If you
mean how to test kitchen with a local change to the gioui.org module, use

	$ cd example
	$ go mod edit -replace gioui.org=../
	$ go run ./kitchen

Now that you're building Button on top of ButtonLayout, adding an example
is less important for correctness (but still nice to see an icon-text-button
example). Up to you.

Re: [PATCH v3] widget/material: Add ButtonLayout support to Widget

Details
Message ID
<CAHhwB_fOTyOiJSLQaHJRUsRxanBbB8Ygwar+HguynBoKL59Khg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<C1GN1EZZPSVI.3DNP3XE66ZXLI@toolbox> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Thanks. I updated the kitchen app, would update the online commit
version when the patch is applied.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 5:05 PM Elias Naur <mail@eliasnaur.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat Mar 21, 2020 at 13:52, Uti Michael wrote:
> > > Please add a ButtonLayout example, e.g. by adding it to kitchen.
> >
> > Can this be done on same patch? how can I get the uncommited hash to
> > use in kitchen go module?
> >
>
> I don't know, but a separate change is ok (that's what I usually do). If you
> mean how to test kitchen with a local change to the gioui.org module, use
>
>         $ cd example
>         $ go mod edit -replace gioui.org=../
>         $ go run ./kitchen
>
> Now that you're building Button on top of ButtonLayout, adding an example
> is less important for correctness (but still nice to see an icon-text-button
> example). Up to you.