Why is the layout.NewContext(...) variable named "gtx"

<1580796260.8877.0@smtp.gmail.com>
This is trivial stuff, but have been wanting to ask for a while :)

In the example code for the layout package, why is the variable named
"gtx"? I get that the suffix "tx" would come from "Context", but where
does the prefix "g" come from?

	gtx := layout.NewContext(...)
	gtx.Reset(...)
András Belicza
<CAP-HBq=UH-2ixLpbfUL3fJ7=SscV5FYkiHckhnS0Bv7cinhieg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1580796260.8877.0@smtp.gmail.com> (view parent)
Maybe because it's a Gio context? Using ctx wouldn't be fortunate as
that name is commonly used for context.Context.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 7:04 AM Rajiv Kanchan <rajiivkanchan@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is trivial stuff, but have been wanting to ask for a while :)
>
> In the example code for the layout package, why is the variable named
> "gtx"? I get that the suffix "tx" would come from "Context", but where
> does the prefix "g" come from?
>
>         gtx := layout.NewContext(...)
>         gtx.Reset(...)
<CAE_4BPAKcONCda8f1WW+s-PTcg4Ub6iafra8UH2XD5kEFkL9gA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAP-HBq=UH-2ixLpbfUL3fJ7=SscV5FYkiHckhnS0Bv7cinhieg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Yes, this.  "Gio" or "graphics" context.  You can blame me, if you want.  :)

https://lists.sr.ht/~eliasnaur/gio/%3CBX3DBHEVQRUU.Z81PFN8PUX71%40toolbox%3E#%3C20190924181132.GA3497@larrymbp14.local%3E