~eliasnaur/gio

Mailing list for the Gio project for discussion and patches.

Send your message to ~eliasnaur/gio@lists.sr.ht; no account is required and you can post without being subscribed.

2 2

Conway's Life in Gio

<20190808152234.GA42104@larrymbp14.local>
https://github.com/theclapp/go-life

Hope you like it.  Let me know what you think.

May or may not exhibit Go/Go modules/Gio "best-practices".  Hacked it
up last night and this morning.

-- Larry
<20190808163432.GA43227@larrymbp14.local>
In-Reply-To
<20190808152234.GA42104@larrymbp14.local> (view parent)
On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 11:22:36AM -0400, Larry Clapp wrote:
> https://github.com/theclapp/go-life
>
> Hope you like it.  Let me know what you think.

You can now run it in your browser directly from GitHub, if you want.

http://theclapp.github.io/go-life/www/

-- L
<CAMAFT9V8XFCHbk01uVzM85eNCvZjQ-deSE=qdE97P2KNH+XKjw@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM Larry Clapp <larry@theclapp.org> wrote:

> https://github.com/theclapp/go-life
>
> Hope you like it.  Let me know what you think.
>
> May or may not exhibit Go/Go modules/Gio "best-practices".  Hacked it
> up last night and this morning.

Very cool! I believe this is the first public Gio program that I didn't write :)
It runs perfectly with just `go run github.com/theclapp/go-life` on my
Fedora.

I was about to file a PR that fixed the module path, but you beat me to it.

Thank you again for trying out Gio.

 - elias