Re: Gio news, November 2019: X11, FreeBSD, Widgets & Themes, Sponsors

<316F11FD-35A4-41F7-B161-0026E19AB4C1@evereska.org>
I just read that this email.
I'm impressed you even remember this exchange. And I'm happy I've played the devil's advocate, because, I clearly prefer a little Java and a lot of Go than just Java without Go at all.
And if the result of that exchange helped to move towards Gio, I'm even happier.

I finally started to play with it, and if it's not the kind of patterns I'm used to, I still enjoy it better than to deal with any of those enterprise-y Java patterns.
And for now, the tooling is excellent. Between pure go CLI and gogio for specific platform building, it's very easy to test locally and deploy + test on mobile.

So again, thanks for your dedication to this topic and bringing pure Go UI to mobile dev without boilerplate.

Tanguy

Re: Gio news, November 2019: X11, FreeBSD, Widgets & Themes, Sponsors

<BYWLVS56DGXK.ORVI08ZGPRCZ@testmac>
In-Reply-To
<316F11FD-35A4-41F7-B161-0026E19AB4C1@evereska.org> (view parent)
On Wed Dec 4, 2019 at 8:01 AM Tanguy ⧓ Herrmann wrote:
> I just read that this email.
> I'm impressed you even remember this exchange. And I'm happy I've played the devil's advocate, because, I clearly prefer a little Java and a lot of Go than just Java without Go at all.
> And if the result of that exchange helped to move towards Gio, I'm even happier.
>
> I finally started to play with it, and if it's not the kind of patterns I'm used to, I still enjoy it better than to deal with any of those enterprise-y Java patterns.
> And for now, the tooling is excellent. Between pure go CLI and gogio for specific platform building, it's very easy to test locally and deploy + test on mobile.
>
> So again, thanks for your dedication to this topic and bringing pure Go UI to mobile dev without boilerplate.

Thank you! If you're not already aware, Gregory Pomerantz is doing some
great work to enable integration with the Android SDK, permissions and
external apps. For example, see the December newsletter for a
description of app.Window's RegisterFragment.

-- elias