Re: Supported by tdewolff/canvas

Taco de Wolff
<CABDg7L5as0m_7xm8cKRocRoEL8ZmUxBFBAJWX3f6igEMzgBNqQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hi guys.

Wanted to give a heads-up that https://github.com/tdewolff/canvas now
supports Gio! It is very similar to ajstarks' giocanvas, but has a lot
more advanced features, such as professional font support (including
HarfBuzz and FriBidi), state-of-the-art path manipulation using a
variety of research papers, and much more. It is even possible to use
go-chart or gonum/plot as front-ends in case you need plots in your
Gio window ;-). I appreciate any feedback!

Saludos cordiales,
Taco de Wolff

Saludos cordiales,
Taco de Wolff

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 9:01 PM Taco de Wolff <tacodewolff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> Wanted to give a heads-up that https://github.com/tdewolff/canvas now supports Gio! It is very similar to ajstarks' giocanvas, but has a lot more advanced features, such as professional font support (including HarfBuzz and FriBidi), state-of-the-art path manipulation using a variety of research papers, and much more. It is even possible to use go-chart or gonum/plot as front-ends in case you need plots in your Gio window ;-). I appreciate any feedback!
>
> Saludos cordiales,
> Taco de Wolff

Re: Supported by tdewolff/canvas

<CB4CGDGG9G7S.1ZUTT2PZR95FN@testmac>
In-Reply-To
<CABDg7L5as0m_7xm8cKRocRoEL8ZmUxBFBAJWX3f6igEMzgBNqQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Tue May 4, 2021 at 03:08 CEST, Taco de Wolff wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Wanted to give a heads-up that https://github.com/tdewolff/canvas now
> supports Gio! It is very similar to ajstarks' giocanvas, but has a lot
> more advanced features, such as professional font support (including
> HarfBuzz and FriBidi), state-of-the-art path manipulation using a
> variety of research papers, and much more. It is even possible to use
> go-chart or gonum/plot as front-ends in case you need plots in your
> Gio window ;-). I appreciate any feedback!

Impressive!

Is the Gio backend output in images or vector shapes?

Would you be interested in integrating some of your work in to Gio core,
if relevant? Specifically text shaping and justification, but you may
also have more efficient and robust code for converting strokes to
outline shapes.

If you haven't seen it, there's a #ui-text-rendering channel on the
Gophers Slack channel where we discuss cross-toolkit text shaping.

Note that Gio is available under the UNLICENSE as well as the MIT.

Elias
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)