HarfBuzz port to Go

<CABM8D8BHPWN.2RHLP6BL6SJD@zoidberg>
hi there,

I know this has been discussed already but I was looking for Type1
bibliography and stumbled upon this port of HarfBuzz to (seemingly)
a pure-Go package:

- https://github.com/benoitkugler/textlayout/blob/main/harfbuzz/harfbuzz.go

no idea how complete it is nor how robust it is :)

(a bit sad it doesn't seem to follow font.Face interface)

-s
<CAE_4BPATX2jW+FDxB24KOJS5JdDEkMskh86_K28fi8Do3YCNiw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CABM8D8BHPWN.2RHLP6BL6SJD@zoidberg> (view parent)
Based on the commit log comments, I'm gonna guess it's still a work in
progress.  :)

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 10:45 AM Sebastien Binet <s@sbinet.org> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> I know this has been discussed already but I was looking for Type1
> bibliography and stumbled upon this port of HarfBuzz to (seemingly)
> a pure-Go package:
>
> - https://github.com/benoitkugler/textlayout/blob/main/harfbuzz/harfbuzz.go
>
> no idea how complete it is nor how robust it is :)
>
> (a bit sad it doesn't seem to follow font.Face interface)
>
> -s
<CAFcc3FR5gZekJ6C6UUe+viaRcmvbTdHfzx2=6mMLWfoRN4YxCw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAE_4BPATX2jW+FDxB24KOJS5JdDEkMskh86_K28fi8Do3YCNiw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:55 AM Larry Clapp <larry@theclapp.org> wrote:

> Based on the commit log comments, I'm gonna guess it's still a work in
> progress.  :)

We were just discussing this in slack yesterday, as Fyne also needs a
HarfBuzz equivalent. I'm going to share this in Slack, as I don't have
the Fyne people's emails to CC. I'm also going to open an issue asking
some salient questions about this implementation:
https://github.com/benoitkugler/textlayout/issues/3

Even if it's a work in progress, it may be the start of exactly what
we need. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 10:45 AM Sebastien Binet <s@sbinet.org> wrote:
> >
> > hi there,
> >
> > I know this has been discussed already but I was looking for Type1
> > bibliography and stumbled upon this port of HarfBuzz to (seemingly)
> > a pure-Go package:
> >
> > - https://github.com/benoitkugler/textlayout/blob/main/harfbuzz/harfbuzz.go
> >
> > no idea how complete it is nor how robust it is :)
> >
> > (a bit sad it doesn't seem to follow font.Face interface)
> >
> > -s
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)