Re: Pinch Gesture API

<CABN121h5eS+4hFWwEA+w_BNc9W4jgmjmVSAKAL3G4daRRUx40Q@mail.gmail.com>
A implementation for OSX is available in my gio repo:

https://git.sr.ht/~wrnr/gio/log

With an example of the gesture move:

https://git.sr.ht/~wrnr/gio/commit/57901d59fb6a1a394e9ab30b0790d4e17920532b

For some reason the rotate gesture doesn't work

Re: Pinch Gesture API

<C6MO70N16GBC.1IGEB99E6EWP4@testmac>
In-Reply-To
<CABN121h5eS+4hFWwEA+w_BNc9W4jgmjmVSAKAL3G4daRRUx40Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon Oct 26, 2020 at 9:41 AM CET, Werner Laurensse wrote:
> A implementation for OSX is available in my gio repo:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~wrnr/gio/log
>
> With an example of the gesture move:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~wrnr/gio/commit/57901d59fb6a1a394e9ab30b0790d4e17920532b
>
> For some reason the rotate gesture doesn't work

Thank you. As I wrote in another post, I expect Gio to recognize and
translate pinch and rotate gestures. It's more work, but also more
portable and testable. A pointer.Pinch/Rotate should only be added if
the OS exposes a hardware rotate/pinch control, and even then the
gesture.Pinch/Zoom type should recognize those events as well.

Elias

Re: Pinch Gesture API

<CABN121jOUVk746R6r2yWMQfwfd-CdLjUAST6PCb04PJxMfqg7g@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<C6MO70N16GBC.1IGEB99E6EWP4@testmac> (view parent)
Glad I could help.

It should be possible to reconstruct the gestures out of the
individual touch events.
On OSX this will probably means using NSTouch instead of NSEvent,
at least this is what I could gather from reading the docs:
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/EventOverview/HandlingTouchEvents/HandlingTouchEvents.html

Anyway, I'll give that a try to see if it works.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 9:15 AM Elias Naur <mail@eliasnaur.com> wrote:

> On Mon Oct 26, 2020 at 9:41 AM CET, Werner Laurensse wrote:
> > A implementation for OSX is available in my gio repo:
> >
> > https://git.sr.ht/~wrnr/gio/log
> >
> > With an example of the gesture move:
> >
> > https://git.sr.ht/~wrnr/gio/commit/57901d59fb6a1a394e9ab30b0790d4e17920532b
> >
> > For some reason the rotate gesture doesn't work
>
> Thank you. As I wrote in another post, I expect Gio to recognize and
> translate pinch and rotate gestures. It's more work, but also more
> portable and testable. A pointer.Pinch/Rotate should only be added if
> the OS exposes a hardware rotate/pinch control, and even then the
> gesture.Pinch/Zoom type should recognize those events as well.
>
> Elias
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)