Development slow down?

<CABydZCwF4f0XpriMOernRcJpBowNW1QhSeQvCoO+cYY0yxXtsg@mail.gmail.com>
It appears like the development progress of the toolkit has slowed
down since a month or so. I understand there is also a microvisor
project that you are working on. When can we expect the speed to be
picked up or is there something being worked on offline ?

-Rajiv
<C0W5ZLQJ790B.1TI4BZFA13IZF@toolbox>
In-Reply-To
<CABydZCwF4f0XpriMOernRcJpBowNW1QhSeQvCoO+cYY0yxXtsg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed Feb 26, 2020 at 17:32, Rajiv Kanchan wrote:
> It appears like the development progress of the toolkit has slowed
> down since a month or so. I understand there is also a microvisor
> project that you are working on. When can we expect the speed to be
> picked up or is there something being worked on offline ?

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for your concern. Eveything is connected, see below.

It's true that the microvisor project has distracted me somewhat, even though
the ultimate goal is Gio-related: to run a Gio program directly in a virtual
machine or even on bare metal. Think embedded systems, point-of-sale devices or
just an application delivery format with superior isolation.

However, for the last several weeks I've been working directly on Gio on a set
of large interdependent features that take a while to complete: first an OpenGL
abstraction, then a generic GPU API abstraction, and very soon a Direct3D 11
backend to finally get rid of the OpenGL ES emulator DLLs on Windows. See

	https://git.sr.ht/~eliasnaur/gio/refs/d3d11

for the work in progress.

In summary, I don't see Gio slowing down now or in the future.

-- elias
<CABydZCw0siEuq3AnUbz4bQHbL2=BN8nKLoTST2yyjdKpG0bCfQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<C0W5ZLQJ790B.1TI4BZFA13IZF@toolbox> (view parent)
> In summary, I don't see Gio slowing down now or in the future.
Thank you Elias for the prompt reply and the reassurance :)