Dropdowns

<CADXRfXTQig9RrMevjVy+w9PgYTJMd1iXz=bsTWus9cejLGb6Pw@mail.gmail.com>
Hello everyone

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i can't find any references so far.

What do people do about dropdown fields?
I know the closest seems to be a List, but i'm not sure how. Maybe i
missed something.

Rob
<C0CWMNT3KOP9.18WQJLPZDBL0H@toolbox>
In-Reply-To
<CADXRfXTQig9RrMevjVy+w9PgYTJMd1iXz=bsTWus9cejLGb6Pw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon Feb 3, 2020 at 22:49, rob d wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i can't find any references so far.
>
> What do people do about dropdown fields?
> I know the closest seems to be a List, but i'm not sure how. Maybe i
> missed something.

As you may have noticed, Gio is still light on actual widgets.  There is no
dropdown widget as I know of, so someone would have to design and contribute
one.

Dropdowns are the first widget with a need for displaying popups, top-level
floating areas that capture all input until dismissed.  That's not something
that Gio supports today, but I can bring that feature to the front of my todo
if needed.

-- elias