~eliasnaur/gio

Mailing list for the Gio project for discussion and patches.

Send your message to ~eliasnaur/gio@lists.sr.ht. No account is required and you can post without being subscribed.

1

Re: Error building gio: "wayland: wl_display_connect failed"

Russtopia
<CAN4yCu8LirtiH+nsCtGznX3_FoYfX08MEbD95iZwiba-Z1-g-A@mail.gmail.com>

Trying to build latest gio on Funto x86_64. Any idea how to get past
this error building gioui.org/apps/hello ?

-Russ

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 19:44, Russtopia <rmagee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to build latest gio on Funto x86_64. Any idea how to get past this error building gioui.org/apps/hello ?
>
> -Russ

Re: Error building gio: "wayland: wl_display_connect failed"

Russtopia
<CAN4yCu-E7dWjoyvJ0TPsEUv-gK4vRZL1Hbc=twnMzNfC8c-nUA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAN4yCu8LirtiH+nsCtGznX3_FoYfX08MEbD95iZwiba-Z1-g-A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Whoops! My bad. I see this was already answered on the mailing list. I
appear to be running x11 not Wayland.
https://lists.sr.ht/~eliasnaur/gio/%20<CAL+bK4N6VyGQ49+ZZ-r8Fb292MSnRixvwON5nEnS93Gk54avxw%40mail.gmail.com>

Unsure I want to switch my box just to try this project out, but it
looks amazing and I'd love to write cross-platform UI code in Go!
Anyone know if it's practical to switch a Funtoo system from x11 to
Wayland using kde-plasma w/o a re-install? :)