Gogio Android Foreground Service support

<CANF-HL6Wxd-BJVjL=+Qi4uTsh2kcox_ij0y-mf6dcNW7xFwX-A@mail.gmail.com>
Hi all,
I don't know if it's feasible, but I want to suggest that the Android
experts please consider integrating foreground service support with
the gogio tool for gio programs that are designed for long-running
tasks.

Thanks.
<C5OVLFQ28VQ9.1ARERCHL53KE9@themachine>
In-Reply-To
<CANF-HL6Wxd-BJVjL=+Qi4uTsh2kcox_ij0y-mf6dcNW7xFwX-A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed Sep 16, 2020 at 15:16, lormann michael wrote:
> Hi all,
> I don't know if it's feasible, but I want to suggest that the Android
> experts please consider integrating foreground service support with
> the gogio tool for gio programs that are designed for long-running
> tasks.

Foreground services is not directly supported by Gio, but you can see
how the Tailscale app does it by writing the Service in Java:

https://github.com/tailscale/tailscale-android/blob/dfbfd2a3edf73371922e58423d18e0c961a15273/android/src/main/java/com/tailscale/ipn/IPNService.java#L97

Elias
Export thread (mbox)