Window Icon on Windows

Jake Bowkett
<CAOvFFBh3SXP8foBhXa9tjHV_L92xGYpPWM_LnNghRKne8=dAGw@mail.gmail.com>
Hi, I'm currently using a syso file to bundle an icon when building my
app. It displays correctly in explorer as well as for the console
window, but not the window created by Gio. If I suppress the console
with -ldflags -H=windowsgui it removes the console but the window
still has no icon.

Is there a way for Gio to use the bundled icon? If not could this
feature be added?

(P.S. thanks for the cool project!)
<C3WYQODQRLVB.33D2SFB3D1X8Y@themachine>
In-Reply-To
<CAOvFFBh3SXP8foBhXa9tjHV_L92xGYpPWM_LnNghRKne8=dAGw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Thu Jul 2, 2020 at 01:47, Jake Bowkett wrote:
> Hi, I'm currently using a syso file to bundle an icon when building my
> app. It displays correctly in explorer as well as for the console
> window, but not the window created by Gio. If I suppress the console
> with -ldflags -H=windowsgui it removes the console but the window
> still has no icon.
>
> Is there a way for Gio to use the bundled icon? If not could this
> feature be added?

Absolutely. You probably know the details better than I; can I persuade you to
propose the necessary changes to Gio? I'm guessing Gio either needs to
automatically use an embedded icon with a known name, or `-target windows`
added to the cmd/gogio packaging tool.

-- elias
Export thread (mbox)