Events, Ops and Pipes

<JcmHrWQjQCpWbeXyaMlgsTq-khks6a3sDzsp0fXgSAi7i_jjAhoOYn58V0o3f1xIOwCha0pH64EQMzDEoY4y_qRyMNV892EG6osYhyV8up4=@protonmail.ch>
Some future work I have in mind entails being able to run separate processes, communicating
via pipes, and I'm wondering, as I haven't looked closely, whether Ops and Events are

serializable, and can be reconstituted and executed? Or is there some closures in there?

I want to make a shell that composes and paints the interface, and accepts input, that
can launch processes that send their UI data and read the input from the main application.
Hopefully also embedding, ideally via pass-through, instead of paint and blit.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
<C8UM6UZJS72G.2H5RB4BVC9CH2@testmac>
In-Reply-To
<JcmHrWQjQCpWbeXyaMlgsTq-khks6a3sDzsp0fXgSAi7i_jjAhoOYn58V0o3f1xIOwCha0pH64EQMzDEoY4y_qRyMNV892EG6osYhyV8up4=@protonmail.ch> (view parent)
On Wed Jan 27, 2021 at 22:27 CET, Loki Verloren wrote:
> Some future work I have in mind entails being able to run separate processes, communicating
> via pipes, and I'm wondering, as I haven't looked closely, whether Ops and Events are
>
> serializable, and can be reconstituted and executed? Or is there some closures in there?

The FrameEvent contains a Frame callback, and some ops refer to data. For example, ImageOp
refer to an *image.NRGBA.

Elias
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)