op/clip - stroke path

<UZv8m3j-pyvcSPjIAa7ofhvomo7FqEK7DpFHE2Us6sHr9B6pQ6mJpOOsegqFlM9ykim94PKKwFp14xh58Z9SGe9vzmxBn80qlKzC8nVFLDw=@sbinet.org>
hi there,

with f32.Affine2D in (thanks Viktor!), I managed to get almost all the gonum/plot vg.Canvas interface implemented with gio/op [1]

as noted in [2], the remaining things for gonum/plot to be able to have a "native" Gio vg backend are:

- Gio support for stroke path
- Gio support for arc path component
- Gio support for dash-lines

before I get to start implementing an arc op/clip.Path operation, I was wondering what was the expected stroke-path API (to only stroke a path, not necessarily fill the delimited area)?
I've look around for issues/todos possibily sketching the expected API (and additional package?) but came back empty handed.

(support for dash-lines probably means dealing with the rasterizer... not somewhere I want to put my keyboard at this point in time...)

-s

[1]: https://github.com/gonum/plot/compare/master...sbinet-gonum:vg-gio
[2]: https://github.com/gonum/plot/issues/627
<CABgUa+0e21i8wkoODYMpbJPmmUEw0OdAq-3Nh0TeQk_9uoyUDg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<UZv8m3j-pyvcSPjIAa7ofhvomo7FqEK7DpFHE2Us6sHr9B6pQ6mJpOOsegqFlM9ykim94PKKwFp14xh58Z9SGe9vzmxBn80qlKzC8nVFLDw=@sbinet.org> (view parent)
> (support for dash-lines probably means dealing with the rasterizer... not somewhere I want to put my keyboard at this point in time...)

long term yes, not not needed short-term if you do need high fps, you
could simply create an external package
that takes a dashed line specification and turns it into a long series
of filled shape draws.. Ugly but could work
as a stop-gap until we have proper support in the renderer.

/Viktor
Export thread (mbox)