xvfb setup for headless CI

<n4C6mue7pq1jelSkZLvnVLUTEYjLowOuOtbcfPis@cp3-web-012.plabs.ch>
hi there,

I am trying to setup a github actions CI pipeline for a package using
Gio[1].

IIUC, one needs to install xvfb and run that X11 server:
$> Xvfb :99 -screen 0 1280x1024x24

however, with that configuration, I get different images (very slight
differences[2], but still).

in gioui.org/internal/rendertest we do check the output of clip.Path and
such is the same, and IIUC, they do.

is the virtual framebuffer setup differently on sourcehut?
(looking at .builds/linux.yml doesn't raise any obvious configuration
differences...)

is it because the test I am running is using too fine a resolution?

anybody with some insight?

cheers,
-s

[1]: https://github.com/gonum/plot/pull/646
[2]: https://play.golang.org/p/iNV7rCM0rx4
<C7Q306YOYE60.8T8AE4YMMI3A@themachine>
In-Reply-To
<n4C6mue7pq1jelSkZLvnVLUTEYjLowOuOtbcfPis@cp3-web-012.plabs.ch> (view parent)
On Thu Dec 10, 2020 at 13:40, Sebastien Binet wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I am trying to setup a github actions CI pipeline for a package using
> Gio[1].
>
> IIUC, one needs to install xvfb and run that X11 server:
> $> Xvfb :99 -screen 0 1280x1024x24
>
> however, with that configuration, I get different images (very slight
> differences[2], but still).
>
> in gioui.org/internal/rendertest we do check the output of clip.Path and
> such is the same, and IIUC, they do.
>
> is the virtual framebuffer setup differently on sourcehut?
> (looking at .builds/linux.yml doesn't raise any obvious configuration
> differences...)
>
> is it because the test I am running is using too fine a resolution?
>
> anybody with some insight?

There is some leniency in the rendertest comparison code:

https://git.sr.ht/~eliasnaur/gio/tree/main/internal/rendertest/util_test.go#L190

But I can't say why your results are outside that bound.

Elias
<C7Q30VKDP147.15M4RNYEMUEEL@themachine>
In-Reply-To
<n4C6mue7pq1jelSkZLvnVLUTEYjLowOuOtbcfPis@cp3-web-012.plabs.ch> (view parent)
And yes, the difference between your setup and sr.ht is likely that
sr.ht runs with a software OpenGL implementation.

Elias
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)