Re: Build failure on OpenBSD due to differing types for glob(3)

<20190207022748.z6xll2vkxzw5jwkc@BlackBox>
It seems that Todd Miller made the glob changes[1]. Huzzah! I just
compiled on -current and it worked with readline linked in.

On 2019-01-30 10:20, Simon Ser wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:55 AM, Stephen Gregoratto <dev@sgregoratto.me> wrote:
> > Also, I've been trying to work around linking errors. OpenBSD is
> > picky
> > about using the right linker flags, so you need to add '-lc' globally.
>
> I see. I wonder if that's something that should be added to Meson.

I can't see why not. I think other compilers link in libc by default, so
it won't harm anything. I'll send a patch through.

> > And readline doesn't work at all, failing for undefined references.
> > You're supposed to use -lreadline with -lcurses, but that isn't working
> > here. I'll attach another buildlog.
>
> Does FreeBSD have a pkg-config file for readline (and/or editline)? That
> might help.

OpenBSD comes with a reimplementation of pkg-config, and the rules that
come with it are pretty anemic:

	/usr/lib/pkgconfig:
	expat.pc
	fuse.pc
	libcrypto.pc
	libelf.pc
	libssl.pc
	openssl.pc
	zlib.pc

	/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:
	libcurl.pc
	libffi.pc
	liblzma.pc
	libnghttp2.pc
	lua53.pc
	python-3.6.pc
	python-3.6m.pc
	python3.pc
	sqlite3.pc
	termkey.pc
	tre.pc
	unibilium.pc

I'll dig deeper into this at a later date.

[1] https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=154929876727816&w=4
--
Stephen Gregoratto
PGP Fingerprint: 3FC6 3D0E 2801 C348 1C44 2D34 A80C 0F8E 8BAB EC8B