~emersion/mrsh-dev

1

build issues

Andy Chu
<CAOGGbnMyL-cW_q_dAcAafrOB2L-6ufcrHt3gB_eN02bEWKQ9rQ@mail.gmail.com>
I just tried building mrsh from head with configure and make.

It failed to link against some readline functions?  The configure
script says I don't have readline, but I do have libedit.

But I do have readline on Ubuntu 16.04 (and build other shells against
it).  I don't think I have libedit.

(2) It would be nice if configure --help worked, and also configure
--without-readline

FWIW the reason I tried it is because of a discussion about Go and
fork() here, so it's not super important :)

https://lobste.rs/s/hj3np3/mvdan_sh_posix_shell_go#c_rgyylk

Andy

Checking for readline... no
Checking for libedit... yes
Creating .build/config.mk... done

andy@lisa:~/git/languages/mrsh$ make
CCLD    mrsh
frontend/readline.o: In function `interactive_init':
/home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:48: undefined
reference to `rl_initialize'
/home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:49: undefined
reference to `read_history'
frontend/readline.o: In function `interactive_next':
/home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:59: undefined
reference to `readline'
/home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:69: undefined
reference to `add_history'
/home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:70: undefined
reference to `write_history'
Makefile:61: recipe for target 'mrsh' failed
make: *** [mrsh] Error 1
<nbQECacdADVoOhJdDX1yhRx1T_0wjhmYwvMIIpk_fwL7VKfBobNe2hfC_xAHDvtEaXWoQ2KuPMnVAgEt_QfcFHDlX3ZgsovtcjwrLMAPLVQ=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<CAOGGbnMyL-cW_q_dAcAafrOB2L-6ufcrHt3gB_eN02bEWKQ9rQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 5:28 AM, Andy Chu <andychup@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried building mrsh from head with configure and make.
>
> It failed to link against some readline functions? The configure
> script says I don't have readline, but I do have libedit.
>
> But I do have readline on Ubuntu 16.04 (and build other shells against
> it). I don't think I have libedit.

Hmm. Do you have the -dev packages installed too?

> (2) It would be nice if configure --help worked, and also configure
> --without-readline

Indeed.

> FWIW the reason I tried it is because of a discussion about Go and
> fork() here, so it's not super important :)
>
> https://lobste.rs/s/hj3np3/mvdan_sh_posix_shell_go#c_rgyylk
>
> Andy
>
> Checking for readline... no
> Checking for libedit... yes
> Creating .build/config.mk... done
>
> andy@lisa:~/git/languages/mrsh$ make
> CCLD mrsh
> frontend/readline.o: In function `interactive_init': /home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:48: undefined reference to`rl_initialize'
> /home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:49: undefined
> reference to `read_history' frontend/readline.o: In function`interactive_next':
> /home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:59: undefined
> reference to `readline' /home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:69: undefined reference to`add_history'
> /home/andy/git/languages/mrsh/frontend/readline.c:70: undefined
> reference to `write_history'
> Makefile:61: recipe for target 'mrsh' failed
> make: *** [mrsh] Error 1
Export thread (mbox)